“Not the best value.”
Review of Bucci Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Bucci Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bucci Italian Restaurant has been a favorite with locals and tourists alike for modern urban Italian, since 2009. Established by Spencer Patrick, Bucci delivers Italian buzz to the heart of Macrossan Street. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days per week, Bucci is family friendly affordable and delicious.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great food. Very expensive for the portion of food we got.

Wait staff quite attentive but not friendly.

Nearby venues provide better quality good and service for a similar price.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Don't come here if you are looking for ordinary garlic and tomato soaked dishes found in many Italian restaurants.
The modern Italian menu ensures you will return to further explore the most delicious items that you could not possibly fit in on your first visit. The service is great with eager and friendly but not obnoxious staff moving about the floor ensuring all diners are enjoying their experience for the evening. We'll be back, as I'm sure so many others return too!

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip visit to this restaurant, food is very nice however this time service was appalling. Staff were scattered, they all seemed a bit lost and that was even before it got busy. Some staff standing around that could have been helping. Our son who's 2.5 got his meal way before us and in fact people that came after us got served their mains before us. After over 30min I asked how long it was going to be, the waitress looked over only to find our meals were sitting on counter waiting to be brought out. Mums lasagne was amazing in taste but like warm. Kids meal of veal scaloppine came as a veal steak, not something I would have orderd had I have known, as not a toddler type of dish. Good quality though and soft meat.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Popular place with a good atmosphere. Wait staff seemed a bit new or confused, but nothing to be overly worried about. Spaghetti with meatballs = delicious. The burrata was also one of the best I've ever tasted. If you want more of an adult atmosphere, go after 7:30 as there are many families with kids earlier on.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Made an early reservation, as I didn't know how busy they would be. It was not busy yet and we had a table up front. We started with the Bruschetta. It was mushroom. The flavor was good, but it came on Ciabatta. We prefer a toasted thin bread.

I ordered the veal which was excellent. My husband had the T-Bone. It was cooked to order and he said it was really good. The portions are adequate. Yes, it is expensive. This was our splurge dinner in Port Douglas.

When we finished it was starting to get busy. We walked down the street and when we came back, the line to get in was long. I would recommend a reservation, less stress for everyone.