“Very Good Experience...The Best��” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$185.61*
and up
Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling and Diving Cruise from Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises offers a five star cruise to the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs, north of Port Douglas. Poseidon visits three spectacular sites on the very edge of the Great Barrier Reef. We cater for Snorkellers, certified and introductory divers who can enjoy doing up to three dives at different locations. Enjoy a guided snorkel tour and tropical buffet lunch. Limited passenger numbers ensures personal attention by our friendly crew.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very Good Experience...The Best��”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

There's certainly a few to choose from for Reef trips but we chose the Poseidon for its reviews and the time spent on the Reef.
First off we were told it held about 85 people, im not sure how many were on but it didnt seem overcrowded at all, everyone was given seasick tablets when they forst got on as we were told it was a rocky boat, going there was really smooth and i was surprised how nice it was, coming back was a lot more rocky but the boat did seem like it was on full power, also my gf gets pretty bad seasickness but she was absolutely fine on this trip.

All the staff are really great as expected, really helpful and give you lots of info and hand out the correct equipment to each person individually, the boat is in really nice condition, you normally expect to see rust in a lot of places on a boat but it was 95% spotless, the food and drinks you get are fantastic, i was very impressed with what was offered so hats off for that.

It took about 1+half hrs to get to the first Reef but it seemed to go very quickly, mainly due to all the safety breifs they gave us, we had an hour at the first site (got there about 10:15am) and then it took 10 mins to get to the second, and was told we had about 2hrs there, so we had Lunch before going for a snorkel. Again it was 10 mins to the last site where we spent another hour snorkeling, the Reefs were great and I couldnt fault the experience, im sure all the other boats are also nice but Poseidon for me was a very good choice.

Masterton, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for both Sorkelers and Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a great trip. Husband went diving while I went snorkelling. Although we didn't spend much time together as doing different things it didn't matter as both of us were well looked after. Having smaller numbers on the boat made it more relaxing and enjoyable. Even got to swim with the Dwarf Minke Whales. That was definitely a highlight.

Alameda, California
“Family friendly-both scuba and snorkeling were fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would totally recommend Poseidon for anyone looking to either dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. My family (husband did the Introductory dive), and 2 kids (did the snorkeling) and myself (did the certified diving) all had a wonderful experience. We booked 2 separate days and visited 6 different reefs. The Poseidon staff were truly phenomenal (Tom, Liam, Kim, Alyssa, David, Daniel, Kelly). They really enhanced the experience and ensured that all of our needs were met. Tom was the Dive Instructor for the introductory dive my husband did on Day 2, and he was the Dive Master for the certified diving for me on Day 1. Tom really went out of his way to be both personal, and professional and incredibly reassuring for both my husband and I (my last dive was 10 years ago). I loved the ratio of staff to customers and the food was great! Safety was also clearly a priority, which I also appreciated. I would go again with Poseidon in a heartbeat!!!

Frederiksberg, Denmark
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Everything we expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Poseidon is a pretty decent ship and it had entry of room for the group. I think the tour was more or less fully booked, but it wasn't crowded at all.

The crew were really nice. Friendly and smiling, very informative and professional. My girlfriend had trouble equalizing the pressure in her ears when we went diving, and the instructor was very patient and understanding.

Everything just went smoothly.

Only 'but' from us is that the aircon was on in the boat non-stop, and it was a pretty cold day so the aircon just made the lounge area waaaay too cold.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Day out with Poseiden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Planned on snorkelling today but was convinced by the friendly (half kiwi) staff to try the intoductory scuba lesson. We had a blast and ended up doing a second dive. The crew are very helpful and while the boat was full (wasnt overcrouded) both our dives were in small groups of four :) very personalised. Thankyou to the crew.