“Great menu”

Price range: US$16 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great menu”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Located in the heart of Macrossan street this modern Italian restaurant has a heavy slant on local seafood, but still offers pastas pizzas and alternatives to suit most tastes. But more importantly the quality of the food was terrific for all 4 diners in our group. The wine list was more extensive than many in this area.
If booking ahead, ask for a balcony seat to watch the world go by.
Service was friendly, relaxed but efficient. We really enjoyed this place but ran out of time to go back-oh well another excuse to go back to Port Douglas.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Great to hear your comments that you enjoyed your night here & so did your friends.
Our menu has an extensive choice of local seafood & we also source a lot of our ingredients from the local suppliers. We look forward to welcoming you again.Thank you.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Best meal in Australia”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Having spent 3 weeks travelling the east coast of Australia I can honestly say this was the best meal I had all holiday. I liked the atmosphere, the music, the relaxed service, the menu and of course the food.

Visited May 2014
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks very much for the high praise, it's really appreciated by the bel cibo team.
Townsville, Australia
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow, what a fantastic dining experience. We walked past at lunch and it was packed so we decided to come back for dinner. We were seated straight away without a booking, ordered the bruschetta for a starter the carbonara and chicken main. Food was amazing and if I lived in port Douglas I'd be there again now. 5 stars!!!

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Glad you liked the look of the restaurant & certainly being a busy one is a draw card in a town when you visit, thanks & hope to see you back again soon.
Braidwood, Australia
“Delicious place for dinner”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner here one night after deciding against all the loud bar and grill style places lining most of the street. We were very pleasantly rewarded with friendly and helpful staff and delicious food in a nice atmosphere. We'd have to recommend the eye fillet steak and the veal scallopine, and definitely try the tune steak entree. Yummo!

• Visited May 2014
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments & glad you got to try our Eye Fillet special, it certainly sold well. Thank you.
Chesterton, Indiana
“Horribly disappointing evening”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped here last evening because we wanted Italian. We ordered, had the bruschetta, salad, and a glass of wine and then nothing! We waited while table after table ordered, got their starters and mains while we expected ours to come right away. Nothing, no one came to refill our water glasses or even ask if I wanted another glass of wine. The waitress apologized but then tried to blame the other girl helping out. They brought our meals but we sent them back and moved on. It was the first bad experience on our trip to Australia. If you go here, you take your chances.

7 Thank GolfJim
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
It always makes me wonder why people like yourself portray such a difference of events that what actually occurred & even really what satisfaction do you get from it.What drives the lies.
I have been cooking for 20 years now for many Americans like yourself. In all that time I notice that almost all Americans eat their salad as their Entre ( Starter). Which is fine. However in your instance you ordered the Bruschetta first, then your salad, & then your Carbonara & Main Special ( FOD). After you ordered there wasn't nothing as you suggest but within 7 mins that was served. After that was cleared the waitress called your starter ( Salad away) & within 10 mins that was on your table. When that was cleared the waitress called your mains away. After 8 mins you called over the waitress complaining how long your meals were taken, well I don't pre -cook them & I will cook them as fast as I can without slapping it on a plate to you. At 12 mins they were taken to your table to which you abruptly said 'you were leaving'. I personally think the only horrible thing that night was your attitude & most definitely your manners.
Today I went to a busy restaurant for breakfast with my wife & 2 children. We ordered drinks & food. We waited about 15 mins for coffee's & 45 mins for breakfast. When my kids started complaining, I told them it's busy here & things get cooked to order.I'm sure the chefs are going as fast as they can. Our breakfast arrived we ate it &enjoyed it. I could go on onto TripAdvisor & tell the world what a horrible experience it was & take your chances, but I've got manners & most of all I've got realistic expectations. We will always be trying to make sure our customers are well looked after at bel cibo & my kitchen team & I consistently serve good quality food here.
I do hope you have a good time in Australia. Thanks.