“Delicious Italian Food”

Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Seafood tasted fresh and salty and the pasta was well cooked. Good range of options. Can be very busy so it might be a good idea to book.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your 5 start review. We are glad you enjoyed bel cibo & yes bookings are recommended. Good advice. Thanks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent! Walked by loved the menu. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by a friendly barman and waitress who set our table for us. We ordered 2 entrees to share of antipasto and scallops and were definitely not disappointed. Along with a lovely bottle of Rose we left very contented. Great atmosphere overlooking Macrossan Streets relaxed holiday makers.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy to hear the staff looked after you well & you enjoyed the food & atmosphere. Cheers.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great food, great service, quiet soft music, nice wines, great location overlooking Macrossan street.
Busy, very popular Italian / international cuisine.
You will need a reservation, although the staff will do their best to accommodate.
we had some homemade herb breads to start a seafood pasta the first time and a crab pasta dish, both very fresh and very generous servings.
The owner and the staff were very friendly and efficient .
Thoroughly enjoyed the first time and even more the second.
Best eating experience in Port Douglas

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank your for your 5 star review, you best compliment was coming back a second time, always something we love to see & hear. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We looked at the menu on the street and thought this seemed a little pricey but we went in anyway. The food was delicious and worth what you paid. Service was also excellent. Staff were friendly and attentive. Surprisingly, the total cost of this meal was not significantly more that some of the more 'budget' places we ate at

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for your 5 star review, We are glad to hear that you came in & enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had dinner here and were disappointed - small serves, high prices and my glass of white wine was about 1/4 of the glass only. I wouldn't usually ask but felt I needed to - it was ridiculously little. When I asked the waitress, she told me that was standard. Not very good customer service I would say - a shame really.

1  Thank Chervoni_maky
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for your review. I'm surprised you found our serves small as this is not a complaint I hear often. As for having high prices I wonder what you are comparing us too & also wonder what idea you have about labour costs, general operating expenses & food/beverage costs. If you merely look at what is on your plate & in your glass that is only 1/3 of the actual cost.
In regards to only serving a standard pour of 150ml that's what all restaurant do & yes it is a standard pour, it's not a shame its the law. I wonder what you would say to the police officer when you went through the RBT & blew over? A shame the restaurant filled my glass too much?
I think not.