“What great ride”

Hot Air Balloon Port Douglas
Ranked #43 of 80 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take off on a romantic hot air balloon ride, every day, west of Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef, hot air balloons take off into the wide open blue skies. There's something about floating in the still morning sky in a hot-air balloon that brings out the romantic in all of us. It could be the absolute silence; it could be the feeling that you're as free as a bird.
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was very apprehensive at first because of my fear of heights but right away I was relieved when seeing the professionalism of the pilot. The ride was just a great experience for me and my wife. The pilot put the balloon down very easily with no bouncing. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone. The views were breath taking and it was just a great ride.

1  Thank Neal S
"adventure"
"breakfast"
"dean"

Reviewed 20 February 2012

From pick up time at 4 am and by the return 10 30 to our hotel we had an excellente service and an unforgetteable tour.
Thank you!

1  Thank Yolanda S
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We had to set off at 4am in order to get the sunrise and no wind. Everyone was tired and quiet until we got up in the basket. The mood soon changed when we saw the kangaroos, hundreds of them, wallabies, possums - all waking as the sun rose. The one hour went so fast. It was expensive but was a once in a lifetime experience. Fantastic.

2  Thank kayerich
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We did this for my partners birthday and the experience was absolutely brilliant. Apart from the very early start which was more than made up for by the friendly and professional staff of Hot Air and the overall experience. This was well worth the money and certainly a big tick off the bucket list of things you MUST do in life.

1  Thank Colin K
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This was my first balloon excursion and it was a good one. The company was selected by my tour operator as optional excursion. The team running the operation was well-organized and professional. No worries, just an enjoyable and unique experience. It was quite a sight to look down on a bunch of kangaroos leaping across the landscape. We went early in the morning and the low light made it difficult to take good photos, so I just enjoyed the scenery. The balloon is rigged so the crew can take an good quality snapshot of you and your group in the balloon gondola. The photo is available from the website for purchase. Full Disclosure: If you share photos or reviews with a link --www.hotair.com.au/cairns, they promise to give you a free photo download. This is the review I would write with or without the free photo offer.