“Lovely apartment in an ideal situation”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Living
Fishing off Sugar Wharf
Day trippers returning from Great Barrier Reef
Contact us if required
Readng area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
GinWN
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in an ideal situation”
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

On our arrival to the apartment we were greeted by Phil and Lisa who couldn't have been more helpful and this continued throughout our 4 night stay.
We were shown around 'our' apartment and instantly felt welcomed. The apartment has everything (and more) you could possibly need.
Phil introduced us to a local tour guide who was great at recommending things to do during our stay that would suit us. We had a great trip out to the Great Barrier Reef plus we would recommend 'breakfast with the birds' at the Wildlife Habitat.
Port Douglas has everything you could possibly want on your doorstep. Great cafes and restaurants, tempting shops, unspoilt rainforest, Great Barrier Reef the wonderful 4 mile beach and so much more......
Thank you Phil and Lisa for making us feel so welcome. We hope to return one day soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location. Close to the beach and walking distance to all amenities
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
3 Jun 2015
Oh great to hear from you both all the way from the UK & couldn't be more pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking back at your emails you were recommended by Paul & Kelly who stay with us from the UK each year.
Lisa & l loved having you stay & you certainly made the most of your 4 days with all the tours you did.
Thank you for looking after " your apartment and leaving it spotless.
We truly enjoyed your company and hope to have you back soon possibly with your friends.
Please stay in touch anytime.
Tropical Regards Phil & Lisa
Nicole W
Tynong, Australia
“Great location - wonderful space!”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Short walk to beach and great access to the Main Street. Apartment had everything we needed! Would stay here again for sure.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Being on the second storey
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
18 May 2015
Thank you guys, glad you had a great stay and really look forward to having you stay again.
Pleased you enjoyed all the tours you did, you certainly filled your week up.
Cheers Phil & Lisa
Susan G
Perth, Australia
“ideal position for the beach and town centre.”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Great unit. Clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. walking distance to the beach shops and restaurants. Owners very friendly and helpful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the closeness to the township and beach .
Older travelers
17 May 2015
Thank you Geoff, so pleased that you found the apartment ideal for your 1st stay in Port Douglas.
The apartment has a great vibe & being close to beach & shops makes a holiday so easy to have everything at your doorstep.
Thank you for your return booking already which Lisa &! Look forward to seeing you again.
Tropical Regards from perfect Port Douglas.
Cheers Phil & Lisa
Andrew G
“Convenient and very comfortable”
Reviewed 21 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed in this apartment for a week in December & January. The location was fantastic being 100m from the beach and next to all the best restaurants in town.

The owner greeted us professionally at the apartment and showed us how to use all the appliances, which was great and the air conditioning provided us a great escape from the heat.

We didn't expect the owner to sit down with us for half an hour and tell us about the region and the things we could do during our stay (he even got us a discount on a fishing trip which was awesome and we caught heaps of fish and cooked them on bbq).

The apartment was very comfortable, convenient, clean and private. I would recommend it although generally speaking I would probably schedule my next trip to stay there on or around July.

Close to beach, in the middle of town next to all the best restaurants, this is a comfortable, well appointed

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lounge was insanely comfortable
Liked least: Going home
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Jan 2015
Thank you guys for taking the time to review your first stay in PD & choosing us to enjoy it with.
Lisa & I really enjoyed having you & couldn't be more pleased you enjoyed all the tours & restaurants while you were here.

Also happy you both found the apartment was everything you expected & would like too re book later in the year.
We appreciate that you respected the apt & left it so clean on checkout.
Loved having the chats during your stay & offering local advise to make your Port Douglas stay with us a great one.
Thank you also for sharing some of your catch of fish from the fishing trip that you couldn't eat :0) Lisa & I hope to catch up next stay with a local drink.
Thanks for trusting us with your stay & see you soon.
Warm Regards Lisa
Casshopzz
Melbourne, Australia
“Best of everything - brilliant !”
Reviewed 23 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

This apartment was everything we could of asked for & more.
It was clean, fresh & had everything we needed inc the decor of a super relaxed feel to the apartment.
Self-contained with excellent utensils for in house cooking or close to all the restaurants Port Douglas has to offer or BBQ at home.
Shops & beach were just metres away yet quite location.
The "tin shed" restaurant was ideal for a cheap meal with a fantastic outlook.
Our tours we booked with Anna @ "The Adventure Hub" opposite Coles with the service & advise was top notch as was Lisa & Phil's service from start to end.
We can only highly recommend this apartment to anyone looking to stay in total comfort close to everything you'll need.
Thank you we will be back & be telling family of our stay.

Liked best: Great Experience
Liked least: That we had to leave just such a excellent place
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Nov 2014
Than you for your review & it was such a pleasure having you.
Sorry it was so late & rushed my tour of your stay around the complex.
I'm so pleased you found the apartment clean & with everything you needed for your chill out.
You left behind a pair of shoes which I will post to you over the next week.
Your tours sounded exciting & I will ask Anna if Phil & I can also do the Snapper Point kayaking tour ourselves.
I loved hearing about the book your writing & look forward to the first signed copy as promised.
Thank you also for the advanced booking next year with Ruben & let's have dinner together !
I'm so happy the apartment was everything you needed & enjoyed your time with us & found our personal service helped your time in PD.
We look forward to see you in 2015 MARRIED !!!
Warm Regards
Lisa
Lisa J
Brunswick, Australia
“outstanding, loved it”
Reviewed 25 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I couldn't wait to do this review, being an International Flight Attendant I had a short break before flying out again, as I was sitting at Cairns International Airport terminal the following review is to simply rave about the service I received from Phil and Lisa from the beginning to the end of my stay. Arriving late at night by shuttle bus Lisa greeted me with open arms out the front knowing I was on my own (Bless her heart) . . . the apartment was divine and everything as said and promised and much more : )

- The apartment was spotless and a fresh feel and very cozy which was important to me as I intended to spend my long days from jet lag simply chilling on the balcony reading and writing my novel about my travels

- The apartment was supplied with a welcome pack of toiletries, coffee and tea and bath, hand and pool towels

- Lisa showed me around the complex and the free amenities including on-site laundry, BBQ area with day bed and the relaxing pool area

- The complex location was ideal, close to township and only a minute or two stroll to the beach. I could walk everywhere. I am a light sleeper and slept like a baby, just perfect

- Lisa as you know I have now made a booking for next year to return for 10 days with my fiancé Ruben

. . . T h a n k y o u s e e y o u i n 2 0 1 5 . . .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, cleanliness and feeling welcome and special
Liked least: having to leave
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
28 Oct 2014
Lisa, Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and am equally as pleased that you along with Ruben will be returning next year. The weather was perfect for your stay and my shout for a coffee next time. See you in 2015. Warm regards, Lisa.
flutterby...
Port Macquarie
“Avoid. Big disappointment”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I was hoping for a quiet, relaxing and stress free break so booked for 5 nights, after I was told it was a nice place to stay. Couples only.. No kids.. Quiet..
We arrived to find this place is right on the busiest corner in Port Douglas (yep, Macrossan and Davidson Sts). True, it is walking distance to the beach and shops..... But quiet? No.. Garbage trucks picking up bins right at your front door and an enormous amount of traffic coming past all day long. The pool is also on this corner, so the serenity is amazing as you can imagine. The neighbors balcony is about 50 cm away and every conversation can be heard if not being inside with the doors shut.

The person we booked this room with (Phil) seemed quite helpful prior to booking. Once we had arrived though everything seemed to be an issue, as you soon realise that Phil manages the apartment from Melbourne but you liaise with Karen and David who run the front desk.
There was only one bath towel per person for 5 days. When we went to reception to ask for a second towel we were told this was normal to receive one towel per person. Even motels provide 2 per person.
Everything had to be cleared by Phil via text, even the pool towels that Phil said were included at booking. I sense a tremendous amount of animosity between the person we rented the apartment from (Phil) and the front office staff (David & Karen), as Phil's communication is not clear to front office staff, so you feel like you are begging for a towel that has been approved. Not something you are looking for on a relaxing holiday.

The room itself has not been cleaned properly for a long time. The toilet seat is yellow from urine or age and the cistern keeps running all the time (so much for saving water). The mould on the bath is disgusting. The bed is on casters and once having some adult time we were rolling through the apartment making an incredible amount of noise. The fans were also disgusting, thick with dust.

Yes, Phil did organise free Wifi and iPod dock but these are a given in most hotels at $200 a night these days! The Wifi did not work anyway.

I had a terrible family accident which meant an emergency trip back home. I was hoping for some compassion from Phil in regards to a refund for at least half the time I was not there. I only stayed 2 nights out of 5...... But Phil was suddenly much more difficult to reach and had no inclination of helping me with this. Phil says he provides exceptional service, aside from the average room, I found the business is run like a circus with annoying and threatening texts, instead of a professional approach.
Karen gave a huge amount of compassion on check out and couldn't be more helpful. All in all, this was a bad experience and I don’t recommend this place booked through Phil.

· Noisy to the point of loudness everywhere
· Children in the complex while we were told it is Adults only
· Situated on a very busy intersection with buses, trucks etc
· Dirty room
· Disgusting amenities
· Ridiculous bed (rollers on tiles)
· Wireless internet does not work
. Not value for money
. Book direct, less issues

28 Oct 2014
Samantha I am pleased to receive the opportunity to reply to your off-line threats, blackmail and extortion that your review would go live if you didn't get your demands.

It's only when a guest can put a review on Trip Advisor can the opportunity to air their side arises which I am more than happy to happen.

Samantha, owners and managers who take their business seriously will never let blackmail over rule their ethics.

Firstly Samantha, your booking was made for only one guest being yourself, it was your last minute flight delay that you realised that sneaking your new boyfriend who lived locally into the apartment would not work for you.

The very late check-in of 11pm including the text I received that you arrived ok being a 'lone' traveller gave you every opportunity to advise that the apartment was not up to your standard, as was the next 3 days. Whilst sun baking by the 'noisy location' of the pool and advising other guests how to get cheap and free meals and accommodation by using threats to use this site for free rides in life both at home and on your travels.

I received 7 texts that you couldn't be more happy with your apartment and quite location, close to everything, as you didn't have a car.

Plus your 22 texts including a call at 1.07am that there was a baby croc on the ceiling was just an abuse of a 24/7 privilege for genuine concerns NOT what we call a 'gecko'.

I'm not sure that your new and local boyfriend with your bedroom antics are something readers need to know about, Samantha even at your age you don't need to make yourself sound cheap.

Garbage trucks remove rubbish as they do even where you live. Port Douglas, Australia thankfully is not within a third world country. I would put your rubbish removal concerns to Port Douglas Shire.

Samantha by splashing nail polish remover over areas in the bathroom to create the toilet pictures just shows your age, again.

Your trumped up cleaning issues should have been directed at Karenne and David at the front desk over the 3 days you were staying as they cleaned the apartment for your stay whilst I was in Melbourne, which by the way you didn't!! your only complaint to them was no pool towels which was the only fair comment in your review which since has been rectified by now supplying in the apartment, thank you for a valid suggestion as they are always welcome if it will help guests comfort.

I strongly suggest by the amount of empty bottles in the apartment that amount consumed, drinking should be in moderation, but we were all young once I guess.

Using several excuses including 'a family member being ill / argument with new boyfriend' to leave early doesn't come under our terms of a refund as travel insurance should always be taken as you agreed when booking, I'm sorry you didn't take that advise.

Any discomfort between the front desk and myself will often arise due to unfair requests and demands from guests that were never offered on booking, example: your request after hours to David at 9pm for toilet paper and soap top-up is rude, these apartments are 'self-contained' and starter packs are supplied upon check in, then anything else can be purchased at the local supermarket, approximately 90 metres away. We are not a serviced resort with room service and never claimed to be, we offer self-contained accommodation.

Samantha I hope you get time to sit with a parent to discuss your juvenile behaviour.

We wish you all the best and speaking on behalf of the front desk I'm sure they would as well.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing