Exclusive Spas at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted No 1 Spa in the Port Douglas Business Awards. Best Spa, Best Treatments Best Therapists Peppers Spa - Port Douglas provides stunning spa treatment that are designed to alleviate stress and enhance relaxation. Fusing ancient Indigenous therapies with native Australian botanics, sea kelps, salts, marine collegen, & Mother of Pearl. Hand gathered muds, clays & Ochres from the Daintree Rainforest provide powerful local energies to the luxurious and vibrant treatments. Release tension and stress with relaxing therapies, spa rituals & journeys. Cleanse your body and soothe your soul with our Vichy showers, facials, exfoliations, scrubs and wraps. For further information on our spa menu or to purchase gift certificates, call our spa professionals. Operated by the Exclusive Spas Group. Winners of the coveted Conde' Nast Traveller Spa Awards. Australasia, South Pacific
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a 90 minute massage, lovely, bit noisy in the preparation room outside the massage room, needs to be rectified.

Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spa treatment...not so relaxing”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I didn't stay with peppers but after reading their numerous spa awards on their brochure I figured it was the best option for a treatment.

Had the sapphire sea wrap. My therapist was thoughtful yet there was a delay in starting which wasn't made up in the end. Felt very rushed and the included massage only spanned 25 mins of the 90 which I was very disappointed in. Also had construction noise throughout which can't be helped but no form of compensation was offered. Try others before you go here. Not relaxing, enjoyable or worth the money.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jessica P
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just wanted to say my husband and I spend Christmas Day here just gone and we had the best time. We did find a little unexpected surprise in our room as one of the cupboards had someone else's stuff in it ( maybe someone who owns or stays in that room on a reoccurrence ) but I'm sure if we had of addressed it to the friendly staff they would have sorted it.
We were greeted by fabulous concierge member who made us feel like we were apart of the furniture.
Thanks Peppers

Visited December 2013
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unhappy with Peppers.Treatment could have been enjoyable!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Christmas morning I opened a wonderful gift from my husband.A 60 minute pregnancy massage at Peppers port douglas.What a treat!My husband told me it was booked for 1pm Boxing day and that he would look after our 16month old son while I had some much needed pampering. We got there a bit early and asked the spa if we could have a swim while we waited.They said that was fine and to ask reception for towels.I went upstairs and explained to the women on reception what I'd said to the girl at the spa.She courtly informed me we werent allowed to use the facilities,they were for paying INHOUSE guests only.She went on to say how the spa was run seperatly from Peppers and if we took a sunlounger it would stop inhouse guests from being able to use them and she would Not supply towels.Dissapointed and dumbfounded she then went on to ask who had informed me we could use the facilities.I was sure I had read it somewhere but wasnt sure and explained my husband had booked the treatment as a Xmas present and wasnt sure if they had told him.But,the girls in the spa had OK'd it.As we had walked a distance from our accomodation in the hot midday sun we didnt feel like doing the walk again,especially at 30 weeks pregnant.Reluctantly she said as the girls in the spa had said ok,we could sit around the pool but not use the sunloungers.Dissapointed and hot,we went and sat on the sand.My husband and son had a quick swim to cool off.Sitting on the sand feeling dissapointed and uncomfortable with a bad taste in my mouth as to how we were made to feel.(ie.not worthy of using the facilities for a short period of time when it didnt seem too busy)I then went off for my treatment covered in sand and uncomfortable.My husband and son left soaking wet and coverd in sand as my husband didnt feel he could change our son on the sunloungers.Upon sitting waiting for my treatment I picked up the same brochure my husband had given me and noticed it said clearly.SHOULD YOU WISH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR RESORT POOL,YOU MAY DO SO PRE OR POST TREATMENT AT YOUR LEISURE WITH OUR COMPLIMENTS. As i'd been to several other spas,including Pepers sister spa the Reef House Palm cove I thought the same would be the case.I enjoyed this part of the experience as much as treatment and often stayed for lunch,which we were planning to do at Peppers. I spoke to the therapist about this and she apologised and told me there seemed to be an area of contention with the managers of the spa and the resort about this.She also informed me at the end of the treatment that they were new brochures and thought it might have been a misprint. My husband and I got married at Peppers in 2012 and planned on returning every anniversary for a long weekend as we had done in 2013.Unfortunatly,the manger on reception,whose name was Allison did not apologise to me and left me and my husband with a bad taste in our mouths.She was dismissive,confrontational and blunt.This was supposed to be a special treat at $144,unfortunatly I could not relax through the treatment and left very dissapointed.If Allison is a manager she needs to learn some people skills.She also needs to listen to customers instead of talking incestantly about how they cant give out towels as it costs Peppers money and how they dont make money from the spa as its seperate.This is not our problem.We just wanted to use the pool as the brochure had stated and we had been offered by other members of staff.We didnt want to feel unworthy and second class as Allison had made us feel.We left with a bad taste in our mouths about this resort and this particular member of staff. Would like to add the therapist was very understanding and professional.It also states on the website that you can use the pool pre and post treatment.Dont get ur hopes up!!!!!!!!!

Visited December 2013
5 Thank fiona h
Sydney
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“pressured to tip after massage!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a 1 hour ($138) relaxation massage. Sure you pay a premium for the upmarket location, quality oils etc but at the end when you go to pay the bill, the therapist accompanys you to reception and points out the optional tip, which is quite unusual. Peppers can you discontinue this?

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Simla10
Carol F, Owner at Exclusive Spas at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Sir,
We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
This is definitely not a normal process of the spa operation.
We pride ourselves on correct & professional protocol so are disappointed at being let down.
We humbly apologise to you for the situation that you were placed in.
We have taken steps to ensure such an instance will not happen in the future.
Hopefully you will give us a chance to make amends.