“Authentic coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast
Adelaide, Australia
“Authentic coffee”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

It's true that you don't get speedy service here but that's OK because I wasn't in a hurry being that I was on holidays in Port Douglas. We had just missed our boat and were looking to kill some time. I hadn't had a full strength coffee in many many weeks due to being pregnant and decided Origins was the place to break that record as I had read outstanding reviews of it here.
I had an iced coffee and my husband had a flat white. Perfect and such reasonable prices! Cakes were available and the apple cake looked divine but I was trying to show some restraint. I will say this place is kind of difficult to find. It's obscured somewhat by the store on the corner. And there is no obvious signage on the street. It has a great spacious atmosphere outside though, lots of people of all walks of life were sitting chilling out at tables on the pavement and it's all shaded by a verandah. I would have liked to see some more info available about the blend that was being used that day as I had read about the specialties offered. Maybe it was there and it was not in an obvious place.
Fantastic cafe and a must try for Pt Douglas.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
“Origin Coffee ”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

15 days in a row, brilliant coffee, great service, friendly atmosphere. Best coffee in Port Douglas? Definitely. Arguably best in the country.

1 Thank Fmr058265
Melbourne, Australia
“Best coffee in PD”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Have been the best coffee in PD for a long time.... Though they aren't open terribly late therefore if you are hunting for an afternoon coffee then you are out of luck. Highly recommend the iced mocha if you are looking for a cold beverage alternative.

“Solid coffee”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Nice coffee, lacking in the kick I was hoping for as ordered an extra shot. Maybe the gentleman miss heard me ask? Nice setting and friendly staff

2 Thank reno80
oc1barista, Owner at Origin Espresso, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dude,

You should have let me know! Would have remade it for you in half the time it took to post
your response here.

If anyone else reads this, please if our coffee doesn't meet your expectations on your visit bring it in and we'll make it again.

Cheers
Glen
Melbourne, Australia
“Coffee in Port Douglas”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Found this place on a previous visit to Port Douglas, so didn't try elsewhere - visited every morning for our daily coffee hit. 4 out of 5 were very good. Just the last day wasn't the same standard as previous days (a different barrista on??) - not as strong and not hot. Didn't take it back as there are always many people waiting for coffee. Caramelized banana cake is very good.

• Visited July 2014