We are so glad that we chose The Lazy Lizard for our stay in Port Douglas. The room we had was quiet and very spacious with good facilities and it was spotless. We were given a continental breakfast on a tray each day which was plenty for the two of us. The grounds are beautifully kept and planted with interesting trees and shrubs. The motel is well away from the main road so we were not disturbed by traffic.
Penny and Jim are the best hosts anyone could wish for. We had recently had news of a personal family tragedy and they could not have been kinder or more understanding and helpful. They also gave the best advice on visiting the area and helped with the bookings too.
I would be very happy to recommend The Lazy Lizard to anyone visiting Port Douglas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The largest motel rooms in Port at 46sq metres! FREE undercover parking and FREE WiFi. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool. Rest and Relax and enjoy the quiet setting, away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy a beverage on your patio or a lunch or dinner on the barbeque beside the pool. Aidan & Alex can offer advice on tours and book tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, whatever suits your needs. We are a 12-minute walk to the beach and about 20 minutes to the main street. By car to Macrossan street is about 4 minutes and there is free parking in town. Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per Deluxe Queen Studio and King studio, 3 in a Queen studio and 5 in a family studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western