“Breakfast with top service and happy space”

Ramada Resort Port Douglas
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

we were staying in a family rental in Port Douglas and went to the Ramada for a breakfast buffet.
We loved the eco-friendly setting amongst the trees- under the trees actually.
The welcome was very friendly and 5 adults and a 2 year old had a fantastic buffet for a very reasonable price. We were welcome to stay on and enjoy the eco-friendly pool in the shade of the amazing trees. The pool is fresh and great for chilling out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I traveled half way around the world, stayed in 5 different hotels, but this one deserves the worst award. It was short staffed due to the "slow season". I paid for a quality hotel and what I got was crap! I needed a few towels, I had to go and pick them up at the front desk. My toilet was leaking, I was asked if it could wait until morning. Every time I asked for anything, I was told I'm the only one here. Thats not my problem. I would never recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewere!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rich M
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Lovely clean two bedroom/two bathroom apartment, although ours didn't overlook the pool area. *sad face*.

Well appointed (as you'd expect from such as a time~share/points owner), with a very nice recreational/dining/bar area next to the pool.

I availed myself of a full spa treatment too, which was pricey but great for a wind down.

Friendly staff, lovely grounds. Well maintained. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times (for convenience), but there was nothing spectacular about the menu, but I'd not found anywhere in Port Douglas or Cairns that was (I should have checked Trip Advisor, I guess) ~ with most establishments being "pub~style" food with too much deep friend and unhealthy options on their menus.

Room Tip: We never checked to see if we could have had one overlooking the pool, but then we'd got a Wyndh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Comparing it to other places we have stayed for the same sort of price the resort was fine for a night but I wouldn't want to stay there for any longer. We would prefer to be on the beachfront and closer to town even if it is only a short walk to the beach. There is a fairly regular shuttle to town but it is not free. The room was very spacious but a bit sterile. We were lucky to be facing the pool..I wouldn't want to be facing the other way. The rainforest atmosphere is lovely as is the beautiful big swimming pool. The restaurant has good reviews but we didn't have a very good meal with the exception of the seafood. The highlights of our one night stay were the pet cockatoo, the cocktails and the beautiful swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing towards the pool..upper floor more private
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My first reaction to our accommodation was "WOW" - a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment, very spacious and clean with a great kitchen so we were able to self cater for some meals. We did dine in the restaurant as well and there was a great choice on the menu. The pool was fantastic, set beside the restaurant with a swim up bar in a beautiful setting. Four Mile beach was a few minutes walk from the resort. Staff were helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 days there and would go back again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and facing the car park, were not troubled by any noise.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment, using a friend's timeshare points. The apartment was absolutely massive, clean, modern, and had a well equipped kitchen. The resort is quite beautiful, with a rainforest-themed courtyard, and a pool canopied in trees. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We really enjoyed the friendly and comfortable stay however the room disappointed us with no balcony. The accomadation provided chairs outside our ground floor! You needed to get past the cobwebs and dripping air con from above to use them. The room was very clean and well serviced......the first day I nearly broke my leg on the slippy kitchen floor whilst filling up the dishwasher! The pool and restaurant area were fantastic however again there was a few let downs......the toilets were dire and need updating, the pool was continuously being emptied of leaves, berries and possibly bird pooh by the visitors as this was continuously falling on us and our loungers.
We also suffered several flooding areas to the walkways,corridors and at the front of our apartment which was very loud during sleep time and balconies would have prevented this. this is not a good sales option for future members/ owners,! We also suffered 4hrs of no running water in which was not good as we decided to use the pool in the morning as we had a excursion on the afternoon....both of us had to attend our excursion smelling of the pool etc....we had no warning and had to find out after our excursion that it was due to the weather!!!

We love the friendly staff especially the restaurant workers, they worked hard and were all very pleasant. Well done and thank you.

We will return to Ramada for the meals in May, however will not stay there as it needs to improve a little

Room Tip: Don't be pulled in to the options, you could probably spend the money more sufficiently inner to...