7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Sheraton.comUS$251
Booking.comUS$251
eDreamsUS$251
Orbitz.comUS$250
TravelocityUS$250
CheapTicketsUS$249
1,194 results
All reviews feast restaurant breakfast buffet lagoon bar pool service in room dining duty manager main restaurant direct access pool access room pool side shuttle service salt water house keeping school holidays four mile beach the great barrier reef bedroom villa
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2019

The hotel is beautifully situated in a sea of tropical greenery and opposite the glorious 4 mile beach. The staff were exceedingly helpful, kind and obliging. Nothing was too much trouble. The only complaint I have is the Bar and food outlets. Breakfast was excellent but we had dinner at the Feast restaurant where the food was cold. In the Bar we waited a very long time for our uncomplicated drinks to arrive. There were no nuts, chips or pretzels to encourage us to drink some more....All in all loved our stay there. The rooms were exceedingly spacious and comfortable.

Room tip: All rooms seem to have vistas either of lush gardens or the pool
Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa (room 145).
It was somewhat clean, but at closer inspection it was dirty.
The place was big enough for the 2 families and 3 kids which was great, and the back yard/golf course was awesome for the kids.
This was my 2nd time here... I love the fact its a home so I can cook for for kids. But the villa was outdated. It had new couches which was good but everything else was from the 80s. The bathroom needs a reno and the kitchen too.
The daily service.... pfft..... all they did was make the beds. I asked about the vacuuming and they said "only if it needs it" and i also asked about changing the sheets and they said the same thing. I was there for 6 nights and it wasn't changed.
We had pool towels also on the floors of the bathroom and villa...I asked the clean up team if they take the towels and she said the same thing.... only if we tell them. WTH!
The dinner buffet is definitely not worth $90. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels and eaten at the buffets and their variety is not the best nor much. Breakfast buffet was ok as ur only paying $40 a day and the food is Average .
The swim up bar in the main pool is sooo old. It needs a good renovation.
They have a kids club for 4yr olds and up which was good.
we hired a car to get around from the resort to the town which was handy, unless you enjoy 30 min walks in the heat. it was only a 5 min drive which was prefect when we wanted to venture out of the resort.
Overall... I won't stay here again ...I've had a look around and there are so many nice places on air bnb for half the price, I was cooking and cleaning myself any way.
The staff were super nice though...I don't want to take that away from them.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank danniyou
Reviewed 24 April 2019

When booking our holiday with friends to the gorgeous Sheraton Gran Mirage Resort in Port Douglas, I couldn't be more excited. I was so needing a tropical getaway just to relax and spoil ourselves.

When we arrived we got exactly that. The resort is stunning, sure a few touches are still from the 80's decor of yesteryear. But the designers have done such an awesome job at combining the old and new. The place still has a luxurious and glamorous feel about it.

The hotel is part of the Marriott Bonvoy group so you can earn points by staying.

The staff (especially the wonderful Chrissy) ensured our stay was going to be special. The resort offers a huge 147ha of tropical gardens, 2ha of saltwater lagoon pools and an 18-hole golf course, right on the edge of the famous, 4 mile beach.

We were spoilt with a swim up entry room, where we could take a dip anytime, straight from our balcony. There is also great Wifi internet, to stay in touch with the rest of the world. Our room was large, comfortable, with a large expansive bathroom, great air condition and a good selection of mini bar offerings and a pod style coffee machine.
It is the style of room that when you have unpacked your bags you don't feel closed in and still have so much space to enjoy your stay.

The drinks and nibbles around the pool from the Lagoons Pool Bar, ensure a fabulous day in the sun.

The resort also offers several other restaurants and bars to tantalise the tastebuds. (These will be reviewed separately).

There is a gym, though it is a fair walk across the main road to the country club, across from the resort. This would be enough to put someone off a work out, though I saw it as a daily challenge.

The Sheraton is also very close to the centre of Port Douglas which offers many more places to eat, dine, drink and find an adventure. The resort is so close to the UNESCO world heritage listed treasures, The Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.

The resort also has incredible facilities for meetings or wedding/events, with 18 indoor and outdoor event spaces.

All in all the resort is the type of place you can go to REALLY relax. If you don't want to leave you don't have to. If you want to explore, you're close enough to find a multitude of things to do with many varying adventure companies.

Definitely the place to be if your thinking of taking a trip to the glorious Port Douglas or Cairns area.

Room tip: Choose a swim up entry room
1  Thank AnthonyA207
Reviewed 23 April 2019

We returned to Port and the Mirage to celebrate a big birthday - we have been coming for special celebrations for 25 years! We did appreciate the rooms having been recently refurbished but what we most love - and what draws us back repeatedly - are the lovely pools and grounds, the fabulous breakfasts and the great service that create a wonderfully relaxing holiday.
Thanks to all the team who give us these memorable moments

Room tip: Lagoon access rooms are an absolute treat!
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 19 April 2019

This hotel was so incredibly beautiful! They have various pools throughout the resort so nothing is ever over crowded. they also have one larger pool that has a swim up bar which is awesome. They rooms were very spacious and clean. We had the room with the swim out balcony which was amazing, highly recommend! The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. There is also a shuttle at the hotel that takes you to/from the main street, I believe it cost $5 per person each way, which can be pricy if you are going out each evening, but it was worth it to experience some of the great places in the town. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, we had a great stay there!

Date of stay: July 2018