It seems like you have two general options in PD:
1) The hotels on Port Douglas Road, the main drag of a highway leading into town where you will find big resorts (like the Sheraton Mirage) and trendier small resort properties. A bit more remote, further from town.
2) Hotels right in the village of PD. Smaller, more central, less resort-like. Walkable to restaurants and bars. Martinique falls into this category.
In either case you are adjacent to Four Mile Beach which is one of the most awesome, secluded, and gorgeous beaches on the planet, so can't go wrong there, and in the case of Martinique you are just steps from it.
We were thrilled with our choice. For us, walking to everything in town was the way to go. No cabs, a serene location just at the quiet edge of PD, and our hosts were every bit as welcoming and helpful as described by others.
The property and pool, too, lives up to expectations. Lush and perfectly-maintained throughout. Our room was a spacious luxurious suite with kitchenette (never used it except to chill wine). If I had to make one teeny gripe, it would be that the bathrooms didn't match the luxuriousness of the rest of the suite, but not even a valid complaint, just an observation.
All said and done we would stay at Martinique again and wholeheartedly recommend it to others. Can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas