Had a wonderful 3-day weekend here in thanks to Fred and Antonia who are fantastic, welcoming hosts. My room didn't have a view but was spacious, comfortable and clean. I arrived late and found an envelope guiding me to my room. It was a very warm night and I was dead tired from a long flight from Sydney. I got to my room where there were lear instructions for activating the AC (much needed). The room cooled down in seconds and off to sleep I was. The next morning, Fred was up early and helped me book the best snorkel trip to the Great Barrier Reef, restaurant choices - all top notch and the best (and cheapest) way to see Daintree National Forest. the free Internet wasn't the fastest in the world but good enough.
I didn't take advantage of their pretty pool - I'd rather swim in the Ocean on 4 Mile beach.
It was such a pleasure to see Fred and Antonia each day. They clearly love Port Douglas and want you to as well. Mission accomplished.
BTW, this place is on the quiet side of Marcrossan Street and is steps from 4 Mile Beach. Don't stay in the big resorts that are away from town and the beach. Waste of money. Here you get the beach, all the best restaurants just down the street and the Marina just 15 min walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas