“Third visit and still fantastic.”

Martinique on Macrossan
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Martinique is special, a unique little spot owned by two very special people-
Antonia and Fred will give you all the knowledge you need to make the most of
what this stepping stone to the Reef and my personal favourite the amazing
rainforest has to offer...yet never intrude, or push you to accept their suggestions!

It's an attractive property, rooms are bright, clean, cool and comfortable-the garden
and lily pond are lovely, especially at night and Four Mile Beach is a couple of minutes
walk....go in the dark and watch the moon on the Coral Sea..stunning and a treat for photographers.

Across the road is a good restaurant, Zinc... Two Fish on the same side as the Matinique
served me beautiful fish meals and, most convenient, you can have most things as a
Take Away. Another recommendation up the main street (only street really) and down towards the Marina is Salsa,the food there was lipsmackingly good (Crab Linguini to die for).

It's a long trip for me, but worth every minute and every penny.....go see Fred and Antonia and
then tell me I'm wrong.....never!

Room Tip: My favourite room is number 9.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank shabbychic

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Where to start... what an amazing, beautiful little boutique hotel this is! We were met by Antonia, who welcomed us with such hospitality. She took out a map and showed us which restaurants she recommended, etc. And then her husband, Fred, carried our bags to our room! If there has to be a drawback, it would be that there's no elevator. But Fred came to the rescue on arrival and departure... so sweet!

Our suite was so beautiful. Immaculate tile floors, and beautiful décor. We had a little table and chairs out on the balcony, which we used to have evening cocktails and morning coffee. The bedroom was roomy, and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was very, very nice. The kitchen area was well stocked with coffee, tea, sweetener, milk, coffee mugs and glasses. We didn't use any of the cooking items, but it seemed very well stocked.

The location is excellent, as it is walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shops.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a refreshing change from the huge resorts in Port Douglas.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start with how fantastic this place is! It's perfectly located, just a few steps from the beach and a couple of minutes to the shops, restaurants and the marina. Fred and Antonia are amazing people - nothing is too much trouble! Great recommendations on where to go, what to do and where to eat. Antonia came to the rescue after one of our carefully planned sailing trips cancelled on us at the last minute. The alternative she found us was wonderful and ended up probably a better option than the one we had arranged! The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The bbq on the patio area was an added bonus (especially after we discovered the local butchers!). The pool is small but is a lovely way to escape from the heat. If we ever return to Port Douglas, this is where you'll find us!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just finished a 3 night stay at this lovely small hotel in Port Douglas. Fred and his wife were so friendly and helpful and could not do enough to make the stay more comfortable. The apartment we had was so spacious with kitchen and lounge area and the whole placed was just perfect.if in Port Douglas do as we did, don't go for the big chain resort but go for this place , small and romantic !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Martinique. The location on the beach end of Macrossen is excellent - left to the beach, right to the shops. The rooms are fabulous - spacious and well thought out, including the fact that the tv can be turned to face either the bedroom or the lounge room. There are only 19 units, and no children allowed. The pool was fantastic - smallish, but well designed with spots for sitting in the water and reading, or drinking that glass or two of champagne. And the hosts were great. Always available, of not in person at the end of the in house phone.

I can't wait to go back - I have stayed many times in Port Douglas but this time was the best.

Gail

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had another perfect holiday staying at Martinique, Fred and Antonia are gems , we feel like its home when we go back each year , have been visiting for many years. Clean, Comfortable and a unique atmosphere, gorgeous private pool, close to all amenities. Beach and Restaurants.
2 weeks is never long enough.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great, however we have stayed in lots of different rooms they are all terrific
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Had a wonderful 3-day weekend here in thanks to Fred and Antonia who are fantastic, welcoming hosts. My room didn't have a view but was spacious, comfortable and clean. I arrived late and found an envelope guiding me to my room. It was a very warm night and I was dead tired from a long flight from Sydney. I got to my room where there were lear instructions for activating the AC (much needed). The room cooled down in seconds and off to sleep I was. The next morning, Fred was up early and helped me book the best snorkel trip to the Great Barrier Reef, restaurant choices - all top notch and the best (and cheapest) way to see Daintree National Forest. the free Internet wasn't the fastest in the world but good enough.
I didn't take advantage of their pretty pool - I'd rather swim in the Ocean on 4 Mile beach.
It was such a pleasure to see Fred and Antonia each day. They clearly love Port Douglas and want you to as well. Mission accomplished.
BTW, this place is on the quiet side of Marcrossan Street and is steps from 4 Mile Beach. Don't stay in the big resorts that are away from town and the beach. Waste of money. Here you get the beach, all the best restaurants just down the street and the Marina just 15 min walk away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo