This hotel is close to the sea and a ten minute walk to the town so ticks the boxes for location. The rooms are a good size, we had the economy package; no balcony and no kitchen etc. It did for us though so no complaints. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Sam went out of her way to help us sort out some flight problems; gold star for her! The breakfast was reasonable and fairly standard not the best ever but sets you up for the day sort of thing, it was ok.
There is no bar in the hotel and therefore you have to go out. That may be different in season but we went out of season so you need to go out for everything.
The town of Port Douglas has a sprinkling of bars and pubs and it fancies itself a bit more than it should do. Too many shops selling expensive clothing and same with some of the restaurants. $30 plus for a pizza...more for fish and steaks. The restaurants were good but be ready to pay, the best deal and for me was the Star of Siam, good Thai food and bring your own beer or wine; given that the Italian restaurant wanted $48 for a hose white the BYO deal was a real winner.
Good for trips to rain forest and reef the Mantra Port Sea was ok by us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas