With so many choices of accommodation in Port Douglas from right in the town centre to along the main drive into Port Douglas, this Mantra hotel provides a nice balance of location, close enough to town to walk along beach into town, & far enough away to not suffer from town and vehicle noise. The hotel itself while aged provides good swimming facilities (pool is not heated), including small slide for kids. The rooms were small, we had a 2 bedroom, but was really just a studio with kitchenette and a separate hotel room with a joined lobby. It may feel a bit cramped for longer stays, but was suitable for our 2 night stay. There was a swim up bar. Hotel is on beachside so just a 2 minute stroll and your on 4 mile beach! Not luxury accommodation, but was clean and suitable for a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas