“Awesome stay”

Coral Beach Lodge
Paris, France
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed a week in Port O'Call Eco Lodge and I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is really quiet and clean. The room are very good and having a private bathroom is great.
Thanks to Kiri and Steve I have been able to enjoy my week in Port Douglas, they advised me things to do and took the time to answer all my questions.
Port O'Call Eco Lodge is a small hostel so it's really easy to meet people and to make friends which is really appreciated because I'm traveling alone.
I definitely recommand to stay at Port O'Call Eco Lodge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Cairns Region, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean, very quiet hostel. Was a pleasant surprise! Stayed in four bed dorm for three nights only one other person in there with me. Would be great for family too as it's not your typical loud backpacker hostel! Great cheap place!!
Will come back

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I only stayed for 2 nights a few weeks ago but when I look back on the places that I have stayed, I have the fondest memories of this place. I would love to go back!! Steve was great to talk too and the pick up from Cairns was great! The rooms were really clean and its just one of those places which has a really nice feel to it. Best place I have stayed!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
gatwick
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were a bit concerned that it might be a 'backpackers' place - and it is- but it is much more too. A lovely base for the GBR and Port Douglas.
Eco-credentials - A/C, but on a timer; comes on about 5pm until 7am, so the bedroom is cool. ceiling Fans operate other times. Solar and wind powered. The communal kitchen and dining room are clean and comfortable, well equipped. The bar is great for meeting others. Rooms range from 'bunkhouse' style, to doubles, to family rooms, to 'luxury'! Staff friendly and knowledgable. Free transfer bus from Cairns is a huge bonus - other places should offer it too. Port O call is about 15mins walk from town, along the road or the beach!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I came to Port O' Call expecting another standard hostel in a pretty place - I got so much more! This little gem of a hostel is clean, well maintained, in a wonderful location (maximum ten minutes walk from the main town and the beach) and it is run by the friendliest people who make you feel right at home. I stayed in a four bed female only dorm and it felt like being in a little hotel room rather than a hostel - definitely the best nights sleep I've had in any place I've stayed in Australia so far! Ate in the bistro one night - huge portions and really good quality food, and nice beer on tap. Lovely pool to chill out in if you don't fancy the beach. The free shuttle from Cairns is also a great bonus. I hope to return at some point!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This place suited our needs whilst in Port Douglas for 3 days & nights.

The stay a minimum of 2 x nights and use the ( runs 6 days a week ) 'No Charge' mini bus service between Cairns and this hotel in Port Douglas was what enticed us to book here!

A courteous, timely and fantastic service.... Ask the drivers anything because they know all the answers...

Kiri & Steve are great hosts and Kiri was so helpful with booking our Reef trip ( On Quicksilvers Wave Dancer boat to Low Isles ) - And Steve happily gave his time sorting out a couple of minor maintenance issues during our stay.

The onsite restaurant is open 6 nights a week form 6PM and we ate there for the 3 nights - the Chef(s) and their food is 1st rate and also at a reasonable price to boot!

The location means you are approx. 15 minute walk from downtown Port Douglas and as long as it is not raining then that is fine.

The Marina is just a 10 minute walk away where most of the Cruises depart from.

Must See: Check out the Bat Colonies a 100 metres or so down the road - an awesome site.

The hotel is not new, a little worn in places but the Staff, Services and Tranquillity make up for the concrete block 1980's motel style...

No request was too much during our stay and I trust you will enjoy as good time in Port Douglas as we did based right here.

When my wife and I visit Port Douglas again - we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Bag yourself a deluxe room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had a great stay here, very well set up, so much cleaner and better orgsnised than other YHAs I have stayed in whilst in Queensland. Staff are extremely helpful and well informed and free wifi was a big bonus. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple