“fantastic crew and snorkel experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wavelength Reef Charters

Wavelength Reef Charters
Ranked #1 of 75 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: Small-group snorkeling tours of the Great Barrier Reef.
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“fantastic crew and snorkel experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

From booking this trip over email with quick response times, to the pick-up / drop-off at the hotel, the crew and team that run this reef trip was great - including handing out free anti-sea sickness medication to make sure everyone enjoyed the day despite a fairly choppy ride out.

The on-boat crew was only 3 but there was ample time to chat to them and with a small group, you could always get the attention you wanted / needed. I enjoyed that it was a snorkel only boat so we didn't have to contend with divers. They hand out wetsuits to everyone, but we ended up ditching them at the later sites as the water was 25 degrees in early June and it freed us up to get more depth on free dives. They offer an optional snorkel tour on the 2nd site - do it as it's informative and still gives you time to explore on your own.

Visited June 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My fiancé has never tried snorkelling before and I wanted her to enjoy her first snorkelling trip so I went through all the comments given to all the operators and finally I've chosen wavelength. It was excellent!! The staff members are friendly and patience. One of them gave my fiancé some practice first before she could snorkel by herself. Also, the food provided is delicious (not some crappy sandwiches like other operators provide). However, you need to be a good swimmer because the tides could be high sometimes and make it difficult for beginners. Overall, we really enjoyed our day!

1 Thank GheeSeong C
Turlock, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a great experience with Wavelengths the crew was knowledgeable and helpful. The small boat was a lot better than having 100 people slashing about in the same place. The places we went were amazing. I would highly recommend Wavelengths.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jana P
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling tour, fun and knowledgeable guides, small tour size”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Myself and a friend took a reef snorkeling tour with Wavelength on May 27th and had a wonderful time. Our tour guides were really friendly, very knowledgeable and super fun. I chose Wavelength prior to my visit to Australia based on two reasons. 1) they already had a good trip advisor record, are listed as #6 of all activities in Port Douglas on Trip Advisor with a few of the leading activities. 2) it appeared the tour size would be smaller which is good for a more intimate tour and more reef time. I wanted a personalized reef snorkeling experience with a sense of adventure, not an over commercialized huge boat tour with movie presentation.

Wavelength exceeded my expectations. We had about 18 people on tour which is pretty small. We saw one of the other tour companies with a boat that could hold over 100 people. That would be way too many people together at one section of the reef at a time. I'm so glad our tour was small. We visited three different parts of the reef with the last being South North Opal which is amazing. And we had a marine biologist on our tour as well, no extra cost for their participation unlike the quotes I saw from other tour companies. Tea and cookies were included (soda extra but no big deal) between our first and second reef snorkeling stops, and lunch was included as well between our second and third reef snorkeling stops.

Highly recommend this tour! ~Jay

Visited May 2014
1 Thank luv2binaz
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Do not look any further this is the best Reef experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say I have been on several Great Barrier Reef tours over the years and this was the best one of them all . The crew were amazing helpful and friendly with a Marine Biologist on board to answer all your questions . The number of passengers is small so you feel like your getting a one on one experience with them . The 3 sights we visited just got better and better . The food and drink on board was a good quality with more than enough to go around . I can not recommend this tour company more highly .

Visited May 2014