“Unprofessional”

Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is the first massage spa we visited and because it looks good from the outside, we decided to book 2 massage- 1 for me and 1 for my partner. We requested a shiatsu and female therepist.
We arrived as per schedule and the french guy said to us, that there is a little delay because they are busy and if my partner can have a male therapist, they can do us straight away. We said no and we will just walk away if no one is ready in the next couple of minutes. He said, it will only be 5 minutes- he gave us some tea ( even if we said no). After 30 minutes in the reception, they decided to let us wait in the couples room- took our clothes off and wait for another 30 minutes. We didn't feel right and decided to leave. We went to another place and had our massage done

4  Thank Shirley R

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I visited the Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa during our recent visit to Port Douglas. My wife had an Ultimate Facial and I had Combo package which was an express facial and a massage. Both treaments were for 90 minutes and we were in the couples room.

Whilst it was no doubt on the expensive side, $340 all up, we were both very pleased with our treatments The staff were very professional and both treatments were as advertised in their pamphlets. We would highly recommend the Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic vishy shower and massage. The staff are nice and there was no rushing you out the door. Recommended to anyone who wants a great massage.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I got some treatments for my birthday, a mani-pedi combo and the deluxe facial. 3 hrs total and $225. My sister in law who got me the facial had also paid for a glas of bubbles which I didn't get!
For the entire treatment the girl (who cannot be a certified therapist due to her lacking skills and technique) had me laying down at the bed. It was awkward to have to bend my legs in order to put my feet in the foot bath. The results of both the mani and pedi are terrible as I'm writing this the morning after the treatment!! They use cheap, bad nailpolishes which are already spoiled and bubbly al over! My feet has not been taken care of properly, it doesn't even look as if I've had a pedi done!!
The facial felt better but it was not deep cleansing but rather lots of different masks and creams applied.
During my visit they had the same cd on repeat with music not suitable for spa treatments. And it also gets annoying when you've heard the songs so many times that you know which one is next.
My partner had an hour long Swedish massage. He said it was ok but that the girl's (not the same one as I had) nails were too long and hurtful.
My advise is not to go here!! It feels dodgy and is not worth either the time or money!

3  Thank lilasyra
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

When you first arrive, the surroundings don't come across as high end and I was wondering whether this was going to be good or not. However, these guys were outstanding and in my opinion you won't find better therapists in Port Douglas. I had foot reflexology and a head/shoulder massage and my husband had a Swedish massage. We both walked out feeling really relaxed, and could not fault them. These guys are really good at what they do. We will definitely be back.