“Very relaxing and therapeutic”
Review of Shantara Day Spa

Shantara Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: MASSAGE THERAPY -Sport -Remedial -Deep Tissues -Swedish -Pregnancy -Aromatherapy -Reflexology -Hot Stone SPA THERAPY -Facials -Scrub -Wraps -Foot Therapy
Coolamon
“Very relaxing and therapeutic”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I had a great hour massage - Jane listened to us and tailored our session to suit just us. My wife had some sunburn from a day snorkelling and Jane soothed this with beautiful oils and lotions. Jane soothed my back and neck with a very therapeutic touch - thank you very much Jane much appreciated.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Completely Amazing”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Jane's hands are magic!! My son and I both had a very bad sinus attack contracted from the place we were staying at (not Shantara). The pain in my head was incredible and our son couldn't breathe properly from the congestion in his nose, his blocked sinuses and his asthma.

During each of our separate treatments, the pain was gone from my head and our son could breathe again free of congestion. Jane was also able to unblock his nose and sinuses and open us his chest and help him breathe better. Our 9 year old son walked out saying 'that was amazing, I can breathe again'.

Jane's treatment for both of us was so wonderful I visited her again during our 8 day stay. Jane has healing hands. I've never received an energy treatment before, but have heard a lot about them. I didn't know what to expect.

Jane used massage combined with an energy treatment which unblocked my sinuses and rid me of the awful pain in my head. I generally receive deep tissue massages every 6-8 weeks in Sydney and have received some amazing massages in the past. But this healing treatment for my son and myself was absolutely amazing. I will certainly book the whole family in for a treatment with Jane next time we are in Port Douglas. It's worth the trip to Port Douglas just to see Jane. I know she has some clients who actually fly interstate just to see her. I was able to enjoy the rest of our holiday following the treatment (and moving rooms from the place we were staying.

Jane also provided some clay to help treat psoriasis of two family members free of charge which was extremely giving of her.

Can't wait for my next massage with Jane. I should say that I'm not one to leave reviews often, but I certainly want other people to experience what we were able to experience - a magical treatment that helped our health, allowing us to enjoy the rest of our holiday.

1 Thank Jody L
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great massage”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked a massage with Jane at her Shantara Day Spa based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor and am so glad I did. She really is terrific. I am 7 months pregnant and Jane made me feel totally comfortable and safe in her very experienced hands. It was completely relaxing and she worked wonders in releasing the tension from my feet that I didn't even know was there. Jane herself is also totally delightful. We were warned by the hosts at our hotel to avoid some of the day spas on the main strip as they apparently train up backpackers over a couple of weeks and that's who will be massaging you. With Jane you know you are in safe and experienced hands.

1 Thank Katie F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Shantara Day Spa”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm currently staying with my wife at the conveniently located and magnificent Shantara Resort, for the second time in two years. Shantara provides an excellent standard of serviced accommodation, especially in the one bedroom apartments. On Thursday I was treated by my wife to a 1.5 hour massage with Jane at the "Shantara Day Spa", I cannot recommend Jane more highly, she is certainly at the the top of her profession and my treatment left me feeling better than I have felt in years, absolutely brilliant! So good in fact, that I have a second treatment with Jane booked before I return home! A+

Visited June 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best massages - ever!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Booked myself in as a birthday treat and was extremely happy that I did. Had the 2 hour massage and facial special and it was worth every cent. Working at a desk job in Melbourne had left me with sore neck, shoulders and arms but Jane magically made the pain disappear. The facial was so relaxing and left my skin feeling soft and smooth. Cannot recommend this massage service highly enough and the products Jane uses smell and feel great too. Have booked in again - that's how good Jane is!

Visited June 2014