“Great location Great apartment”

Meridian Port Douglas
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed in June 2012 in a 1 bedroom Superior apartment with pool deck. We chose the deck as we already have a spa at home and thought it looked fun!

Couldn't beat the location - 2 minutes walk to Macrossan Street and 3 minutes walk to the beach.

I LOVED the apartment decor and layout. It was a good size and we saved some money by having breakfast and a few other meals using the kitchen. It had everything you needed and the outdoor area was quite big because you not only had a patio but the deck as well.

Also there is a washer and dryer just outside your room which is free to use too.

A few negative things, nothing major at all but thought I should still mention...

Our patio and deck was in the shade all day as were all of the other apartments bar 2. It was sometimes too cold to sit out there (i do get cold easily though) so that was a bit sad. Obviously the hotel can't help this but it was something that bothered me and I think I would look at another hotel next time that has a different aspect. In saying that, there are sun lounges around the pool that are in the sun most of the day but I felt a bit bad using those ones since we had our own pool deck to sit on.

The pool deck itself was lovely but it was really hard to get back out. My husband could pull himself up but I struggled. You had to laugh but it was actually annoying and I'm not sure why there are no ladders.

The spa was also a little cold for a spa. I should probably have said something to management but I thought it was a bit petty and we may be bias cos we have our own spa so other people may not have found it cold. In saying that, I am writing about it here so it is something that did bother me a little.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel cos I really loved the apartment itself and the location but still in two minds if I would stay here again or try somewhere else just due to the no sun on deck factor.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite and the rooms directly opposite did get some sun on them. Not sure what room num...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvtravelAustralia
There are newer reviews for Meridian Port Douglas

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My partner and I decided to have a mid winter break from the Sydney cold to Port Douglas for a week in June. What can I say, the Meridian is exactly what we were looking for and we had a 1 bedroom top floor apartment with a jacuzzi on the balcony.
It was as exactly as described, beautifully appointed with everything we could have hoped for. he staff at the reception were so friendly and helpful, it was joy to stay there.
It was only a minute walk from Macrossan Street, where we found plenty of restaurants and shops.
The apartment was well appointed with full kitchen facilities and a shared laundry with the apartment next door. As this is an adults only facility, it was quite and no noisy neighbors, even though on a fairly busy street, the road noise did not bother us.
The apartment was extremely clean and tidy and serviced just the once thru the week we stayed, but this was sufficient and it was nice not to have to get out each day for the maids.
I would definitely recommend and would be happy to stay again, thank you Meridian for a memorable holiday

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The meridian is only one minute from the best restaurants, cafes and shops port Douglas has to offer. The hotel itself is so lovely, the pool was warm, the room was clean and modern, undercover car parking was provided and the jacuzzi was the best way to end each day. I would definately stay here again and suggest it to any one else looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank sarah l
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location close to shops, restaurants and the marina. We stayed in a studio apartment which was very clean and had everything we needed. There is complimentary use of a washing machine and tumble dryer directly outside the apartments (just need to purchase the washing powder which is $2 from reception) - this came in very useful as we were half way through our travelling. The pool area was very nice. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PhilWatford
Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a wonderful place to stay, very clean & tidy. Get the lower floor to walk out into the pool it's pure bliss. The staff are fantastic, friendly & very helpful. It's only minutes walk to the main street but is very quiet with no traffic noise. I am glad we booked here as alot were situated a little too far out of town to be able to walk into town for meals etc.

Room Tip: choose lower floor as you just walk out to the pool it's sheer bliss.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mishy001
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

A really lovely place to stay, very attentive staff and relaxing pool. Apartment was modern and so handy to walk out the front door and your only three doors up from the main street.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Sonja N
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I returned to The Meridian because the excellent location, attention to detail with cleanliness and their friendly professional service for helping with our transfers and bookings. John and Sue, who manage The Meridian, know all the local tips on where to go and how to get there which allowed us to relax without a lot of the hassle of organising everything. This time the room had been completely refurbished with designer fabric and furniture!!!! The apartments are no more expensive now but brand spanking new and like the rest of the property sparkling clean, modern and super comfortable. It was a lovely surprise (although I notice it is now on their website!) and makes Meridian an excellent choice in Port Douglas at the moment. The pool area is still beautifully kept and very relaxing as the no children under 16 policy works a treat to make any time of day in the pool/bbq area one of our favourite spots! Go there now before everyone finds out!

Room Tip: Around the pool if you like (always peaceful) or a jacuzzi in any room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends