Stayed in June 2012 in a 1 bedroom Superior apartment with pool deck. We chose the deck as we already have a spa at home and thought it looked fun!
Couldn't beat the location - 2 minutes walk to Macrossan Street and 3 minutes walk to the beach.
I LOVED the apartment decor and layout. It was a good size and we saved some money by having breakfast and a few other meals using the kitchen. It had everything you needed and the outdoor area was quite big because you not only had a patio but the deck as well.
Also there is a washer and dryer just outside your room which is free to use too.
A few negative things, nothing major at all but thought I should still mention...
Our patio and deck was in the shade all day as were all of the other apartments bar 2. It was sometimes too cold to sit out there (i do get cold easily though) so that was a bit sad. Obviously the hotel can't help this but it was something that bothered me and I think I would look at another hotel next time that has a different aspect. In saying that, there are sun lounges around the pool that are in the sun most of the day but I felt a bit bad using those ones since we had our own pool deck to sit on.
The pool deck itself was lovely but it was really hard to get back out. My husband could pull himself up but I struggled. You had to laugh but it was actually annoying and I'm not sure why there are no ladders.
The spa was also a little cold for a spa. I should probably have said something to management but I thought it was a bit petty and we may be bias cos we have our own spa so other people may not have found it cold. In saying that, I am writing about it here so it is something that did bother me a little.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel cos I really loved the apartment itself and the location but still in two minds if I would stay here again or try somewhere else just due to the no sun on deck factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meridian Port Douglas offers 4.5 star rated boutique apartment style accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. An adult haven of privacy and relaxation for couples and singles has been created in a selection of stylish self-contained Studio Rooms and One Bedroom Apartments, surrounding a heated lagoon style pool set in tropical gardens. Accommodation options include swim up pool access rooms or your own private jacuzzi. The Meridian Port Douglas is ideal for couples and singles that desire a peaceful and relaxing getaway however mature teenagers over the age of 16 years are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Meridian Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Meridian Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Meridian Hotel