“Best short break ever !”

Turtle Cove Beach Resort
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I spent last week at Turtle Cove for the first time and can't express how excellent it was. From the moment I arrived I was welcomed by the staff and made to feel as welcome as if I'd been staying there for years. Five stars for the staff !!
My room was spotless, spacious and well equipped with everything I needed. The bed was huge and really comfy, water pressure in the shower was great and housekeeping kept my towels in supply and room clean.
The restaurant menu exceeded my expectations and changed every day. I felt some of the mains were a bit small for a man size appetite but overall I ate really well.
The grounds were huge and well maintained and the pool and spa were clean and very busy.....
The beach was amazing, clean and busy with lots of guests taking advantage of the privacy offered for a bit of clothing optional sun baking.
In my experience, in the past Turtle Cove has had some bad press. All I can say is get yourself, a mate / partner or group together and see for yourself that the 'Ashtray Bay' of old has gone and a new, clean, fresh and friendly Turtle Cove is there for the taking.
cheers Terry ( very happy guest ! )

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Expensive at the beachfront and cheaper up the back but all rooms are great...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank trakkydaks
There are newer reviews for Turtle Cove Beach Resort

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Just got back from Turtle Cove... Stayed there for 4 nights. we loved it, especially chris's cocktails hehe food was great. Staff made us feel ver welcome and at home! We will be back. Xx

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Yarravill
Reviewed 16 July 2011

After finding the resort on the internet it was many years before I had the opportunity to spend a night at the resort. Apparently the resort is under resent new management and have been renovated. I found the small resort a extremely welcome and tranquil destination and would have loved to stay longer. From the moment I stepped in I was made at home and staff came over as honest and with personal care. I truly enjoyed being at a gay-only resort where I was surrounded by gay guests that did not made me feel uncomfortable at any time. With a room overlooking the ocean I was truly blessed by my experience at Turtle Cove.

Room Tip: The beach fronting rooms is 5*!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AntonieVH
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Turtle Cove is looking great! Awesome hospitality by the team. The location, beach and privacy here is just sensational. Port Douglas is 12 mins drive and Cairns about 20 mins. Highly recommend a visit based on our stay last month.

Room Tip: Book a beach front room!
2  Thank SydneyAUS_8
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had 4 nights in a beachfront room (one of seven) which was refurbished last year, including a timber deck with two sun lounges and two chairs, perfect for enjoying the morning sun, afternoon sea breezes and gazing the stars. The view and sounds of the beach and Coral Sea from the bed is magical.
The staff are fabulous - Sharon at reservations, Bert who ran the resort in the early days and is back to help, Chris and the bar staff, the housekeeping team, and Jake. It was full house during the long weekend and the dinner and show with Vicky Vegas was fantastic. The chef did a great job and everyone had a ball. There were guests from USA, NZ, Asia, and all over Australia.
The pristine beach is wonderful and the sea was nice to swim in (no jelly fish this time of the year). Sunny days and nice sea breezes were idyllic to relax and enjoy nature.
We will be back!

2  Thank eddybaz
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Awesome secluded spot right on the beach with friendly staff who make the place feel like home. We stayed six days and didn't want to leave

Room Tip: upgrade to a beachfront room
1  Thank gatecrasher78
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We booked this trip to get away from the cold of Sydney and to relax after a stressful couple of months. We decided to stay at Turtle Cove as it is a gay and lesbian resort, and felt we would be more relaxed there.

On arrival at Turtle Cove, we were warmly welcomed and checked in quickly. Our room was very comfortable with all the modern conveniences, including dedicated movie channels. We were pleased to find we were literally metres from a private beach, and became used to falling asleep to the gentle lapping of the waves. The staff, especially Damien, Jacob, Bert, Chris, Sharon and Gavin, were extremely friendly and did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable. Indeed, they would go out of their way to ensure we had all we required. Everything from cocktails to helicopter tours of the Great Barrier Reef. They were able to organise for us a once-in-a-lifetime tour of the Reef, with a stop on Sand Cay for lunch. This was probably the most romantic highlight of any trip we have taken. We found Turtle Cove to have an atmosphere of friendliness and inclusion, with nights ending in lots of fun, with new friends. We met people from all over the world, from the USA to Switzerland. We spent a couple of very pleasant evenings chatting to our new friends at the Turtle Table. When feeling adventurous, we would jump in the spa afterward. Also, the staff at the Turtle Bar seem to have boundless energy in their efforts to keep drinks flowing and guests entertained.

Turtle Cove is between Cairns and Port Douglas. It has its own private and secluded beach, which was fantastic. You can literally sit on the beach and not see another person, if that is what you want to do. The food was second to none, and the cocktails well mixed. We would highly recommend Turtle Cove to any gay traveler, whether international or a local. We are already planning our return.

Room Tip: Get a beachside room. Totally worth it.
2  Thank darkstorm38