“A fantastic holiday”

Turtle Cove Beach Resort
London
“A fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My partner and I recently spent a week here and absolutely loved it. It's a spectacular secluded spot to unwind; the staff are without exception extremely friendly and helpful; the food in the restaurant is excellent; and the rooms are very comfortable. So all in all really fantastic. Tip:it's definitely a good idea to rent a hired car for your stay. There's so much to see in the area that you won't want to just rely on buses. The top things to see/do include the Great Barrier Reef and the Kuranda cable car over the rainforest. Staff are always happy to make suggestions based on how far you can drive/how much time you have. Thanks to everyone at Turtle Cove for a lovely holiday. We will be back from the UK as soon as we can.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed here for five nights in September 2012. It is a wonderful place to stay. The location is unbeatable. It has its own secluded beach. While we ate breakfast two dolphins swam past the restaurant area. You could eat breakfast on the beach if you wanted to. The gardens are especially well maintained, you feel like you are at home in the tropics. It is a much better experience than just being in a unit in town. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. You can easily travel to Port Douglas or Palm Cove but you need to have access to a car.Food at the restaurant was good and drinks can be bought at reasonable prices. Rooms were modern and clean without being fancy. Several people I spoke to there said it was better now than it has ever been.
Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs 'Coral Sea View' room. It was a good choice although thee is nothing wron...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed here for five nights in September 2012. As I usually take quite active holidays (exploring local culture) I wasn't sure how I was going to handle my stay at Turtle Cove..... but it came highly recommended by friends, and now I can see why.

While the rooms are relatively average, and the so called 'fully equipped' gym was anything but, everything else about this place was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the other guests were a delight to be around. The atmosphere was great, and the beach location can't be beaten. The food (when the chef was there) was also of a great quality, and encouraged guests to eat in and socialise.

I travelled by myself and was therefore happy to sit at the 'turtle table' and meet fellow travellers, but the beauty about this place was that you can be as social (or anti-social) as you choose. Others preferred to sit at their own tables and enjoy more intimate dining (which would also be great for a special occasion).

While I didn't have high expectations, i thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and plan to return next year (I think September was a good time to go, as it was warm enough to swim in the ocean without the threat of Stingers that emerge in Summer).

Room Tip: While you probably won't be spending very much time in your room, waking up in one of the beach...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Turtle cove is a beautiful & calm little resort north of Cairns. The staff are very friendly & attentive. We stayed for 4 nights and it was a great location from which to see Port Douglas & the Daintree Coast. We were very pleased when one of the staff went out of his way to return some books we had left behind. Thanks Turtle Cove

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank acttkd1978
Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have just had the most wonderful five day break at Turtle Cove Resort with my new boyfriend from Italy. He is a high class chef and is fussy about high standards of service and realizes the importance of honest friendly service as do I.
I can honestly say we had the best time at Turtle Cove finding it very hard to leave. It is not common for me to be in the happy position of going around hugging staff at a resort to say bye and thanks for being great people who made my holiday special.
Cannot wait to go back ....seriously !!

Room Tip: The Garden View Rooms are very good value particularly with the 5 for four night special
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for 5 nights. We found the staff to be very friendly, always remembering your name. We stayed in a garden room which was clean and tidy. The decor was a little dated but we didn't stay in the room much. The big plus is TC is on the beach. A night you can hear the waves on the beach from your room. On Tuesday and Wednesday night the chef is not in so we had a make your own pizza night and a a BBQ the other night. Not a big fan of these. When the chef was in the food was of a high quality. I would recommend having a car so if you want to head into Port Douglas for dinner you can or if you want to go to local tourist attractions you can. Overall we were very happy and will return.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Just stayed here for three days. Apart from being in a beautiful location, I was really impressed with the friendliness of all the staff and their ability to get the guests - gay, lesbian and straight - interacting with each other. I've never stayed in a place where so many of the guests are so relaxed and friendly, which was clearly helped by the staff being so lovely, remembering your name and making you feel so at home, without being intrusive. The food was very good, courtesy of a gorgeous and adept chef. A really relaxing and memorable holiday. Alex (18/09/12)

Room Tip: If I'd known beforehand, I would have booked a room with beach frontage.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo