Turtle Cove Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Paradise Links Resort(Port Douglas)
Oaks Lagoons(Port Douglas)
  • Pool
All reviewsturtle tableprivate beachother guestsbeachfront roomclothing optional beachcommunal tablegay travellerpizza nighthot tubtropical paradisecoral seathanks guysamazing locationhire carlong weekendserviced dailydaintree rainforest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The place was great. I stayed 7 nights. From what I understand it's had a face lift (first time for me). The rooms are clean with ample space. The bathroom a bit dated but again clean with everything you need. Who goes to Port Douglas to spend all day in the room anyway!!

The bar staff were lovely, the chef delicious, and the owner was there when I was and it's clear he's making every effort to make it a great destination.

I organised a day trip to the reef and another to the Daintree from reception and was picked up from the resort for both. I also took advantage of the masseuse that visits who was excellent. There's also a well equipped gym for those so inclined. I preferred the bar!! As I didn't have a car I ate every meal there, except for the tours, with a menu that changes daily with great food.

The only thing I'd say is make sure you search their deals section and use the promotions code as the standard prices seem a bit exy but I got a great deal when I went.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to the beach front deluxe rooms which were great. All rooms are away from the common areas so all quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ScottG718
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at Turtle Cove for the third time, in May this year. We will be back before the end of the year. It so relaxing, the new owners are very nice people, and the staff always make us welcome. For any body wishing to travel to Cairns, and need a place to stay, they really should consider Turtle Cove.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are the only way to go, a little bit more expensive, but great location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at Turtle Cove with my partner for three days. It was really wonderful. The setting is great, a secluded beach, but still close to Cairns or Port Douglas. The rooms are clean, and well maintained. The staff are really friendly, and the food and drinks are wonderful. One of the nicest features were the evening meals, where all the guests ea together (you can eat alone if you prefer). It's a very friendly environment, great for couples, solo travellers or groups of friends. Turtle Cove is a beautiful spot, and a real gem. Don't believe any of the few negative reviews on here. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra to get a beachfront room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are great. Beautiful place. Cocktail is superb. As local I go there every Saturday and Sunday to relax. Looking forward to meet more people in there. I can say it is the best place to be. Private beach! Nice and relaxing . Swimming pool, Spa and everything! Music need to be turn up a little bit! We need party their too! Good on ya!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Hi folks,

Just a quick snapshot of our time at Turtle Cove....

- Excellent staff, which made the stay all the more pleasurable

- We went as a group of 6, for 5 and 6 nights, one couple stayed in the superior rooms. On the whole they were tired and in need of updating. One room in the main block had issues with their toilet which was resolved. Our room was clean but because it appeared tired, it also appeared a little unkempt as a result. I won't beat around the bush, when we arrived we weren't sure about staying but after the first night we were completely reassured.

- The location is idyllic. Private beach and great pool. If you go onto the rocks to the right of the cove then you will also be able to spot turtles (thanks Dan!)! Unfortunately we couldn't swim as we were there in stinger season.

- Whilst the location is great, you will need a hire car, as it is miles from anywhere and we were told that it was too far for the Port Douglas taxis. Thinking about it now, we could have organised through the bus transfers.....

- If you don't have a car, you will be forced to eat in the hotel for all meals. The food is good and on the whole both the food and drinks are not overpriced and Bert organised grilled fish for me rather than the meat. They are very flexible with the food. However we did have a 3 course buffet one night which was about £27 odd which had meat from the night before I think in different sauces. Makes complete sense but it made it feel overpriced. They do a good job of varying the menus but by the 3rd day, I was struggling!

- I did mention this at the time but the cocktails (or maybe just the Piña Colada) need some work. It seems like it's the ingredients that are the problem, which is a surprise given there were coconuts growing on the beach! The calamari, minestrone soup, grilled barramundi and pine nut butter were real highlights - my compliments to the chef!

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Turtle Cove. I liked that it was small as we got to know the other guests.

I can only do 'so much' chilling and this is a relaxation resort, but with he rainforest trips and diving, it was a perfect balance.

Oh and Bert, lovely as he is, could knock back some of the innuendo but you get used to it!

A note for lesbians/bi ladies - there was a lesbian couple there when we arrived but for most of the stay my partner and I were the only women. We were travelling with a group of 4 other guys but we felt very welcome. We did attempt the hot tub late one night with the expected results! There is nudity which you should be aware of but this wasn't an issue for us. Live and let live!

I am not sure when we will next be back in this part of Aus, but if we do return, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014
turtlecovegayresort, General Manager at Turtle Cove Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi all of your group who stayed with us,

Thank you for your kind words and comments on Trip Advisor,
it really helps us by people reading the truth about us.
One can write anything on a web site, but the real truth comes from the guests actually staying.
And thus we are very thankful to you, to write an independent comment about us, and the Cove.
The new owners so far have spend untold fortunes on the resort and yes the rooms are next.
I am happy you did see the turtles popping up for air, but the sad news is that after we had a cyclone, all 7 nests got water over it, thus compacting the sand and then baby turtles could not get out., we just hope next year better luck, but such is nature.
And yes we do cater for vegetarians and other dietary needs if we are advised on check in.
We would not be game to give our guests left overs from the day before, especially in the tropics.
And me, well he...he... that's me, I am nuts, but got all of you laughing and thus totally relaxed.
After all that's what we are about, we want you to let go and have fun without any restriction and rules like other resort do
Sorry that there where no girls, but don't worry we get plenty ladies joining us.
I am happy to say that more and more guests are returning and new ones joining in.
Thanks again for your lovely comment and we hope to see you back one day with us again.

Lots of love from the Turtle family team.
And a big hug from me,