It was my first time to Turtle Cove and it wont be the last. What makes me give this resort a 5 Star rating.
- The Staff - Burt , Dan , Karl , Ray , Max , Mikai , Tony ," Thank you guys" for making me feel so comfortable and part of a family. I stayed solo for a few days and have never meet these guys prior , they make you feel like a long lost friend , always have a smile , nothing is a bother and they are genuine, real down to earth human beings.
- The Food - Chris is the chef , he knows his food and you know he is proud of his trade by the way of presentation, a very high class standard equal to that of a silver service restaurant, and the night time menus change daily. Local produce and meats were used which just puts another feather in the Cap that this resort wears. Breakfast which is included in your room rate is Continental and plenty of it, my favourite was the fresh fruit salad. The prices for lunch and dinner are duly justified and value , especially for this region.
- Location - Beachfront , and it is literally on the beach , the main road is behind the resort and the road noise is muffled by the dense tropical vegetation.The resort has its own private beach area clothing optional. Even though I stayed mid winter you still have to slip slop slap, its so tranquil calm and quite , perfect if you want to unwind in the sun.
- Accommodation - Rooms are large and well equipped and serviced daily . The choice is beachfront which is a separate wing, then behind them another wing of upstairs sea view or garden view, all with large balconies. Don't expect shiny brass handles and marble flooring being a gay resort, some may assume this to be the norm, the " Bling" so to speak is the resort itself, where it is located, and the "Staff".
This is a tropical relaxed lifestyle resort you will be holidaying in , there are no bells and whistles about this resort , everyone is equal and you become part of a large family and meet new friends. You can party if you want , or just simply relax absorb what this wonderful resort has to offer, the choice will be yours.
Thank you Turtle Cove resort and All who sail in her for making my stay one that will be remembered and talked about , and i will visit again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Cove Beach Resort is a Gay and Lesbian, Adults Only, Absolute Beach Front Holiday Resort near Cairns, Australia. Join us in Tropical Far North Queensland and experience the most fantastic and secluded piece of unspoilt GLBT Paradise in Australia,some say the world. Be assured,Turtle Cove Beach Resort is not your ordinary Gay and Lesbian Hotel! Come and explore our totally private, clothing optional, tropical beach and have the holiday/vacation of your life time! Turtle Cove Beach Resort is an absolute beachfront slice of Gay and Lesbian Heaven and is conveniently located between Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas, it is the perfect place to chill and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Cove Hotel Port Douglas
- Turtle Cove Smithfield