Turtle Cove Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Paradise Links Resort(Port Douglas)
Oaks Lagoons(Port Douglas)
  • Pool
All reviewsturtle tableprivate beachother guestsbeachfront roomclothing optional beachcommunal tablegay travellerpizza nighthot tubtropical paradisecoral seathanks guysamazing locationhire carlong weekendserviced dailydaintree rainforest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We hadn't been for a while but the place still kept it's lovely charm. Absolutely wonderful. Friendly staff, great beach and hot tub. Even a bit of rain doesn't spoil the atmosphere. Would recommend, and have, to all our friends. We will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Beach Front rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
turtlecovegayresort, General Manager at Turtle Cove Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Great to read you kind words about us.
And yes the rain here is never cold like in the south.
I appreciate my staff service and friendliness as much as our guests do.
I always say: “happy staff means happy guests”
Hope to se you back soon.
Hugs from all of us at the Cove
Queen “B”

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My first visit was in the early 90's as I'd heard about this tropical paradise with it's own private secluded beach. I took with me a very dear friend, who wasn't well at the time, and we were put in those shockingly beautiful beachfront apartments. Our stay even back then was as warm and as welcoming as it is today. Bert will make sure of it ! Only had time to stay 2 nights this time, and it was truly hard leaving. Wonderful dinners, great company and the very best of service all thrown in together. Great to meet the delightful new owners who are so passionate about Turtle Cove, I'm sure they, and all the truly caring staff will make your stay a memorable one. I can't wait to let my friends and associates know how good it is today ! and, I can't wait to get back ! Dan in Sydney

Room Tip: First choice is Beachfront rooms-opens directly to lawns and beach Second choice is Seaview rooms, you can hear the surf breaking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind words.
And yes, we will never change our attitude, by making every guest feel special.
As I always say “ If you enjoyed your stay, tell all your friends, but if you did not, just keep us a secret”.
Yes the good old days are back at Turtle Cove and the new owners are totally committed.
Hope to see you back again (maybe a longer stay he…he…)
With hugs from all of us at the Cove
Queen ”B”

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is our fourth annual visit to Turtle Cove, the experience has been just as good this time to make us want to return each year. Whilst the overall facilities are somewhat dated, this is by far made up for by the friendly and relaxing atmosphere, the caring staff and access to what must be one of the best beaches on FNQ. Appreciate that you are recognised by management as a return guest and good to see that the gym has been upgraded with some new equipment. I will the casual atmosphere of the resort allows you to interact with other guests if you so wish, make new friends be you are single or couple.

Room Tip: If you can score a beach front room all the better, close to the beach, restaurant and pool area. Depending on how long you plan to be at the resort it is advisable to have a hire car so you can explore the surroundings, north to Port Douglas, south to Cairns or visit the Tablelands.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks and great to read your comments.
Yep the Gym is very good now and we never stop updating the resort.
All of us don’t want you to be a room number; here you are a person and friend.
Take care till your next visit.
With love from all of us at the Cove
Queen ”B”

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Where do i start, but thanks Turtle cove again for a great time and so relaxing.
The staff are great the rooms are clean and a fantastic "House keeper" he was so friendly and happy. The massage was great well worth it. The beach was amazing just go down for a walk relax and do nothing but relax and enjoy the peacefulness of it all the guests and visitors are friendly always saying hi. I loved the spa could not get enough of it. Bit cold for the pool. Nice meals also and the Turtle table is a must. I went on my own but did not feel lonely you can chat or relax up to you. Not sure what else to say but i will be back soon one day. this was my second visit, first with a partner some years ago and then on my own. I guess the only thing i will say is to maybe hire a car so if you want to go to Port Douglas or Cairns you may need one.

Thanksssssss

Room Tip: Garden view cheap and nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind remarks.
And yes Tony our housekeeper remembers every guest
And always has a smile while he seems to do a spring clean daily in all rooms
He cleans. Here with us you just let go, do, look and say what you like.
Looking forward seeing you soon again, with love from all of us at the Cove.
Bert Queen “B”

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I enjoyed my time at the resort. It was relaxing. Staff members are very friendly. There is a very cute bar tender. It is a bit far (15 minutes drive) from Port Douglas especially if you are not driving. That makes day tour a bit early.

• Stayed: July 2014

thanks for your lovely comments.
The great thing here is that even if we get a rain shower,
the rain is still warm and does never make you shiver like the rains in colder climates.
The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder (cute bar tender he...he...)
Hope to see you back soon.
Hugs from all of us (including the cute barman) at the Cove
Bert Queen "B"