“Excellent Stay”

Port Douglas Plantation Resort
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Reviewed 7 January 2012

What a wonderful Resort, stayed here for one week and a wonderful stay. The rooms were very clean and breezy. The gardens were great and the pool was one the of the best. Great food, good service and overall well spent money for the price. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I am a world traveller and I must say that this Rsort is one of the best. It is a little way out of town, but it makes up for being very self contained.
On arrival was very impressed with the lush tropical gardens and overall well-kept state of the grounds. Check-in was easy and fast and the ground floor room was very clean and tidy. I am a fussy traveller and I went through the cupboards and cutlery tray (where most dust hides) and it was immaculate. Well done to the housekeeping staff.
The Unit as mentioned is self contained, huge bed, laundry facilities in room, small but more than servicable kitchen. It was all there.
The Resort itself has a tropical feel from the start. Great pool, bar facilties and a shop just down the road.
The Port Douglas Village is just a short drive away as is the Links Gold Course (nice spot for a cold drink)
Overall a great stay one of my favourites, but the only negative comment is you will need a vehicle.
Well done to the Port Douglas Plantation Resort. Thank-You.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mackenzee r
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was the very first stay on our 19 day road trip. We arrived late at night in the pouring rain and we extremely happy when we opened the door to our accommodation. It was spotlessly clean, well proportioned, everything thing you could wish for in a home away from home. The separate bedroom had a bed big enough for us to get lost in and the bedding was top quality.

When we went to reception the next morning the staff were really nice and helped us with all our planned trips even giving us extra guidance and money off vouchers. We stayed only 3 nights but we would have been happy to stay for much longer.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 5 but I believe all the guests rooms are of a similar standard
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

First time on trip advisor, so here goes.
If you can picture Heaven's gate, see it for real from Cairns to "Port" I thought the Great Southern Road was great, but this drive was AMAZING!!!
Pulled into the resort, and instantly got the 'tropical fever', the gardens looked fantastic.
Checked in with more smiles. Went to the room and just loved it! Fresh, clean and breezy. I am a fussy traveller and was very impressed with the standard, so to the Housekeeping team. Well Done.
The pool area, with facilities (secret) one of the best I have seen. Had a brilliant stay in the most beautiful part of the world I have been to.
Check this place out, highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Toni S
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Great for families - kids loved the pool area. Apartments were clean, staff friendly and helpful. We had a rental car so not sure about public transport. We have a 1and 3 year old and the holiday highlights for us were the outer Reef snorkeling, skyrail, Mosman gorge, Cairns play area on the waterfront and the Plantation resort pool area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I booked this resort for the last 6 days of our holiday to Queensland and from the reviews on tripadvisor thought we were going to a place where we could both relax and enjoy the expansive grounds and surroundings. The photos showed bright, spacious modern rooms with sunny outside seating areas but the room we were allocated was nothing like this. The one room apartment was a reasonable size and appeared adequately clean and well equipped but it was so dark and dingy and the terrace area at the back was worse as planting blocked out almost all the light and gave it a claustrophobic feeling. It certainly wouldn't have tempted me to sit and relax with a book and a drink. I was beginning to think I had accidently booked a different place to the one I researched but since returning home I have double checked and have come to the conclusion that the vast bulk of the photos must be the 2 bed apartments which were in a different area of the complex.

We asked for a room change but we were informed all one bedroom apartments were essentialy the same. At this point my husband decided we would not stay. To be fair Donna accepted that decision and agreed to let us cancel without any charge as she had someone else who wanted the room. She e mailed Agoda for us and the situation was resolved.

If you are looking for a laid back base for a family holiday or with a group of friends then this resort may well meet your requirements but if you are hoping for a tropical paradise with an escapist feel you may be disappointed. We found a much nicer place in the centre for very little extra.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sue22
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The service there was very bad, probably very poor. I hated the musty rooms they were very filthy and dusty. I don't recommend this hotel at all

• Stayed: May 2011