From the very first contact I made with Freestyle, I knew that we were on to a winner.
She has been mentioned here in other reviews before mine - but there is one person that makes Freestyle what it is.
Anne (the Manager, Tour Guide Arranger, Receptionist, Local Expert, TV Expert etc), is about as professional and friendly as you could ask of anyone who works in the hospitality industry and is an assest to this wonderful complex.
Situated a comfortable 7-10 minute walk from the centre of Port Douglas, Freestyle Apartments are wonderfully airy, well equipped and suited to lots of different types of people.
We stayed in Apt. 25 for 1 week, and as Anne herself admitted - this is one of the best apartments in Freestyle.
A one bedroom apartment with a nice size living area with a 28 inch flatscreen television was a good start - this even had premium sports channels (Fox Sports) which was a nice touch for me!
A small kitchenette included a good size fridge freezer and lots of plates, glasses, cutlery etc. and even a mini dishwasher which was a nice addition. Lots of cooking utensils are offered if you are feeling culinary!
The bedroom is quite big and there is a reasonable amount of storage space.
Shower / Toilet room is big. There was no bath in ours but who needs one!
The Balcony area had a patio table with four chairs and two larger armchair type chairs, ideal for lying back in and enjoying a nice glass of sparkling ozzie wine!
The living room has a powerful Air Con unit and ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom help circulate the air around the rooms. It actually gets too cold if you leave it on for too long!
The balcony has a ceiling fan also.
Getting back to Anne - she was very welcoming and gave my wife and I a tour of the facility when we arrived - pointing out where we were, helping us get our bearings and offered advice on where to eat, where to go and even pointed out short cuts if we were willing to try them.
She organised a wonderful tour for us to the Reef. Without a doubt QUIKSILVER tours offer a wonderful day out. Well worth the money.
Were were charged $175 AUS per night - which for us Irish, worked out at an incredible €100 per night - which in our book was EXCELLENT value for the service you got and the beautiful surrounds of Port Douglas.
We had looked into staying at some of the other resorts in PD and we are thankful now that we didn't.
Parking is available underground and there is a small pool area available with a BBQ for those who want to entertain themselves!
Without a doubt, I could not fault Freestyle Apts in the 7 days that we spent there.
We hope to get back there some day soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Freestyle Resort Apartments are favourites in the Port Douglas market. The Apartments were fully refurbished in 2014 setting benchmark standards for boutique accommodation in the Region. We experience high repeat visitation with many guests returning on an annual basis. Located beachside of Port Douglas with parkland opposite and to the North our location is second to none. Our award winning heated swimming pool and spa is a favourite spot for a quiet read, or just taking in the sun in a lovely tropical garden setting. The little extras like great personalised service from your resident managers Anne & Jason, complimentary pool towels, mid-week room services and free wi-fi broadband internet in all apartments and around the Pool precinct sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Freestyle Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Freestyle Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Freestyle Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Freestyle Hotel