My partner and I spent 7 nights at Freestyle which we booked through wotif(-) for an amazing price.
We stayed in a very well maintained one bedroom apartment that catered extremely well for our needs. The bed was comfy and the Kitchen very useful if you are not looking to go out for every single meal. The pool was lovely and the BBQ facilities excellent. The spa was a little cool, as most Qld spas seem to be, but it didn't matter that much because the climate was not suited to sitting in a hot spa anyway.
Freestyle was only a 10 min walk into Port Douglas which we really enjoyed. We had initially planned to stay at the treetops resort, but were glad we didn't when we realised you need to catch a bus to get into town from there.
Out hosts Jason, Anne and "Thomas the Cat" were fantastic! They were always available to give great advice on the local attractions. I would recommend the 'Breakfast with the Birds", Snorkelling on the Reef, and a 4WD tour of the Daintree Forest. Resist the urge to hire a car to go into the Daintree, as the roads and creek crossings can be pretty hairy at times. Also, our tour guide in the Daintree, Ben, pointed out so many things that made our day 100 times better.
Jason also gave great advice on Dining in Port Douglas. His advice on ranging from budget dining to some of the more extravagant restaurants was invaluable.
Overall, our Freestyle experience was Fantastic. If you are after a resort with an extravagant cocktail and dining area then Freestyle is not for you. However, if your looking for somewhere that is clean, well presented, functional, centrally located with a beautiful pool area and fantastic hosts, I couldn't imagine there'd be a better place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Freestyle Resort Apartments are favourites in the Port Douglas market. The Apartments were fully refurbished in 2014 setting benchmark standards for boutique accommodation in the Region. We experience high repeat visitation with many guests returning on an annual basis. Located beachside of Port Douglas with parkland opposite and to the North our location is second to none. Our award winning heated swimming pool and spa is a favourite spot for a quiet read, or just taking in the sun in a lovely tropical garden setting. The little extras like great personalised service from your resident managers Anne & Jason, complimentary pool towels, mid-week room services and free wi-fi broadband internet in all apartments and around the Pool precinct sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Freestyle Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Freestyle Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Freestyle Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Freestyle Hotel