“Great day on the reef”

US$213.32*
and up
Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: Quicksilver is Australia’s most awarded reef operator. You can choose your Great Barrier Reef experience - Cruise to the outer edge aboard a spacious wavepiercer catamaran to the renowned Agincourt Reef, sail aboard the luxurious Wavedancer to idyllic Low Isles, or seek the thrill of dive and snorkel adventures aboard Silversonic. All cruises are accredited with Advanced Ecotourism.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Surprised at the size of the catamaran. It was huge with lots of staff. Very helpful with first time snorkeler, great lunch & lots of good info on the reef, etc. Lots of activities offered in comfortable surroundings.

1  Thank Sheri C

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went out last Friday, thought I'd have no problems with rough water from my years of sailing, only had a ginger tablet, but ended up quite sea sick. The staff were FANTASTIC, very attentive, and did everything they could to make me feel better with water, ice, cold cloths and plenty of kind words. Travel sickness tablets are offered to buy on board, or ginger tablets are complementary so the first aid care is there for you. Just make sure you take travel sickness tablets 1/2-1 hr before departure as they otherwise won't be so effective. If you are worried or not sure how you will go on rough water just call them the day before or visit a local tourist centre for the weather. It is calm out on the pontoon and a bit of sea sickness is definitely NOT worth missing a day on the Great Barrier Reef. The staff offer morning tea when you board, run through safety instructions, and they also do thorough head counts all before you leave the wharf! Before arriving at the pontoon, one of the Marine Biologists will talk through fish and coral species you might see out there. You are offered a yummy lunch with plenty of options to suit anyone, and they really take into account peoples dietary requirements with information and a description of each meal. Very well done. Once we got out to the platform, it was much calmer, sunny and an amazing sight to see. I snorkeled and spent the whole amazing 3 hours just floating about watching the beautiful world under the water. A staff member threw some fish food out into the water and it was just incredible to watch the different species coming out!! Super cool and just so much fun. You can leave some personal items at the bar for security, and it will be locked into a small pouch with a "sign in, sign out system" and a key. The return trip was easy (I took the travel tablets) had a cup of tea, cheese and crackers, chatted to the lovely crew, and enjoyed the ride back to Port Douglas. The Quicksilver team are fantastic, and the whole operation is out of this world. It's definitely worth it, and also fine if you're a solo traveler. I will be queuing up for that boat next time I go back to Port Douglas!

1  Thank CAMILLA S
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

As the title says this was amazing. What a beautiful place.

The boat was nice, food was nice. Payed extra to hire the underwater cam. The wife booked to scuba dive and I did an ocean walk.

Such an unreal experience. Spoke to a few booking people and they all reccomend quicksilver being the best.

So organised and door to door pick up. Everything like clockwork on a state of the art boat and pontoon.

What an experience. Highly recommended just save abit if money first as its not cheap

1  Thank corbett_shane
Reviewed 30 May 2014

OK, so we get up early to make the drive from Cairns to Port Douglas, Quicksilver provided the transport, driver extremely friendly and did a great job, thanks!
We arrive at Port Douglas and they efficiently sweep us to our boat. Very nice accomodations aboard. Front outside deck (windy), back 2nd floor deck, inside there are rows of cushioned seats, very comfortable. The crew was very friendly and accomodating. Then, off to the races. About an hour 20 minute cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. Oh, did I mention there might be some wind and high seas? TAKE YOUR SEA SICKNESS PILLS BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR HOTEL. They have some aboard, but it takes an hour for them to take effect and that is too late. They have plenty of free food and water. Unlike snorkeling experience in Aruba, they will not let you drink alcohol before going into the water. Our tour had 3 classes of people, snorkelers, first time divers (no license needed) and full certified divers. They split the groups up nicely and go over all the rules and what to expect when you go into the water. They also give you a overview of the dive site and where to look for what when you are in the water, we had 3 different dive sites. All the equipment is provided and fitted for you prior to your dive. I had one faulty piece and they quickly replaced. Free lunch is served. After the 3rd dive you're headed back to Port Douglas.
I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the 'Crew' was for this cruise. They went above and beyond for those suffering from sea sickness and were actively engaged with those of us on our once in a lifetime journey. If I am ever here again, I would certainly go out with Quicksilver again and obviously highly recommend.

1  Thank Gary D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We are an older couple went out for a reef day as it was included in our package. Our issue is my husband has life threatening allergies to some odd foods. I forewarned the staff we were a bit nervous as a buffet lunch was included, we needn't have worried. They prepared separate dish for him all labeled all safe.
We had a fun relaxing day with lots of activities available, their attention to safety aspects was truly remarkable their vigilance watching people in the water outstanding. Would do this trip again without hesitation.

4  Thank sueandBill99