We spent a week here after a drive up the coast from Brisbane - we were looking forward to it and weren't disappointed. Took a few passes up and down the street to find as the reception is on the main shopping street but there is free, secure, parking underground. That also helped getting into a cool car in the morning when outside was hot and sunny.
The pool area is small and we didn't use it much but others did - and you could use the hotel bbq if you wished. Close to everything without being noisy - in fact most of the time we could barely hear a thing from our room.
The room itself was lovely - we weren't intending to cook much and didn't. We hadn't travelled all that way to eat in so never tried but I imagine what we could have would have been limited as it often is.
The owners were really helpful, booking trips and giving advice. Hope to one day return.
Loved the place and Port Douglas!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Cher Du Monde is located in the very heart of Port Douglas, a short walk from trendy outdoor cafés, restaurants, the Marina Mirage and world famous Four Mile Beach.Le Cher Du Monde consists of 27 single bedroom self-contained spa apartments,with a King size bed, a balcony or patio, heated pool, gazebo and BBQ area in tropical setting. Ideal for visiting the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Le Cher Du Monde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cher Du Monde Hotel Port Douglas
- Best Western Port Douglas