Had a good time here but,
The builders of this place must have been on something. Great for people with no disability but for anyone with mobility problems its a pain. Lots of stairs, no lift but you know we are brits, so we get on with it.
Swimming pool didn't float our boat, jeez don't think it would float anybody's.
Lighting in the place tested us at times especially in the bathroom for make up and shaving etc.
Gordon and Rae are excellent for tour info though and they are there more often than not.
Situated right on the main St. Port Douglas its close by for everything shops, supermarket restaurants bars etc. the Marina is just down the road for trips to the Reef etc.
Would we go again? Port Douglas yes Le Cher Du Monde No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Cher Du Monde is located in the very heart of Port Douglas, a short walk from trendy outdoor cafés, restaurants, the Marina Mirage and world famous Four Mile Beach.Le Cher Du Monde consists of 27 single bedroom self-contained spa apartments,with a King size bed, a balcony or patio, heated pool, gazebo and BBQ area in tropical setting. Ideal for visiting the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Cher Du Monde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cher Du Monde Hotel Port Douglas
- Best Western Port Douglas