Pink Flamingo
Thala Beach Nature Reserve(Oak Beach)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$166
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$199
Sheraton.com
  • Beachfront
Lazy Lizard Motor Inn(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$98
Paradise Links Resort(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$113
Martinique on Macrossan(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$127
  • Pool
QT Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$150
US$308
US$192
  • Pool
Oaks Lagoons(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$131
  • Pool
Peppers Beach Club(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$237
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Peninsula Boutique Hotel(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$322
All reviewsoutdoor bathhonesty barprivate courtyardfresh herbsmosquito coilspool and bar areacoffee plungerbeautiful tropicalother guestslittle thingsthe managersperfect hostsday bedpalm treesport douglas areahome away from homespent nights
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a very quirky establishment, bright colours and feeling very much as if it had been carved out of the jungle. There was a beautiful swimming pool and the walk to your room involved passing concrete urns full of small fish whilst negotiating lizards and butterflies. Our room was very large with an ample bed and an internal shower that would have accommodated a small herd of wildebeest.

The current owners have obviously stuck to their principles and developed a very unique place to stay.

Both the beach and town are within walking distance, 20 mins to the town 10 to the beach. I would recommend the Chinese restaurant a few mins walk away generous, excellent quality food.

I liked the place my wife was unsure.

The receptionist was extremely helpful – faultless.

Room Tip: I would draw your attention that up until a few years ago this was a Gay & lesbian only establishment and is certainly still very popular with gays of all shapes and sizes. Canoodling males listening to Kylie by the pool may or may not be ‘your thing’ – so it’s wise to bear this in mind.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mrconcerned
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

From the first moment I spoke to Marita on the phone I knew it was going to be great and it did not disappoint. She was so lovely, professional and helped me book great trips around port Douglas. I am already planning my next trip back and will definitely stay here again!! Thanks for a great vacation!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a lovely stay at Pink Flamingo! Every little detail was attended to, from the bathrobes and sarongs, to the cute bathroom glass. We stayed in the single room which was fine for us, but would love to go back and stay in the garden rooms. Gigi and Andrea are wonderful. And a plus that it is kid free, makes for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the beginning of January 2014. Not really knowing what to expect I was so impressed. There is so much space and added touches to each room. You have a lot of personal space, the rooms were a lot bigger then I ever imagined. Each room/villa has an outside bath and shower, outside seating area, inside bathroom, small kitchenette with simple amenities available such as coffee/milk etc, seating area with TV inside and big bed. It really is beautifully done and you can see the amount of thought that went in to each villa. Gigi is very friendly and welcoming and they are happy to recommend restaurants and tours in the area. Very well located, just a short 15/20 minute walk to the centre of town or a 2 minute car ride. You are also close to the beach. The communal areas are great, outside BBQ, honesty bar, pool, board games. You really can just sit by the pool, relax in your villa or head out to Port Douglas.
If I find myself in the area again I would most definitely stay at the Pink Flamingo.
Thanks for such a great stay.
Ellie and Travis

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, you each have your own private villa with lots of space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie K
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A great place to escape to from Cairns . Great value, lovely and clean and lovely friendly service. Pets are made to feel very welcome .
All the comforts of home with a fantastic pool area.
I would highly recommend this great escape to all my friends.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple