My family stayed 4 nights. In fairness, it was good value for money for a family with young children. The bathrooms in our "deluxe" unit were newly done and location was okay (if you had a car). The aircon units in all rooms worked well.
But.....do not plan on spending much time in your unit. The pools were old and unattractive (only the kids were keen for a dip), the master bedroom was too small for even 1 bag but the worst part was the terribly uncomfortable furniture. There was no where at all to sit comfortably in the evenings. The cane furniture inside was abysmal. The outdoor areas were messy, dirty and unpleasant. I think the word "resort" is a massive stretch. These are very cheap, family friendly units. I only ate 1 of our included buffet breakfasts (say no more).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges offers two storey 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas each with a kitchen, laundry, separate lounge and dining areas, TV/DVD player and balcony or patio in over 110 square metres of living. Set on 15 acres of lush tropical gardens offering plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the facilities which include 2 large lagoon-style pools, 1 leisure pool, a children's pool, children's playground, gymnasium, 25m lap pool, tennis courts and a family BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Reef Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Hotel Port Douglas