We booked in at the Sea Temple after turning up at our first choice and being disappointed. We booked at the 11th hour on Booking.com and were pleasantly surprised at the quote of $199 AUD for that night. The wow factor started as soon as we arrived - a beautiful open-air lobby, huge exotic pool and gardens and really friendly front desk staff. Sometimes when we've booked last-minute special-rate rooms there seems to be a slight change in attitude of the staff at some hotels. Not so here. The room we were provided was a gorgeous studio with a huge spa bath, extremely clean and with very contemporary furnishings. We chose to stay an additional night and were graciously told by the lovely woman at reception that she'd call me right back regarding availability. In fact what she said was 'unfortunately we may have to move you to another room but I'll call you back with a solution.' What a great response: for someone to actually let you know that they're going to find a solution! She called back within 5 minutes and apologized that they would indeed have to move us...but as compensation she wanted to offer us an upgrade to a luxury 2-bed, 2-bath penthouse suite with private roof terrace that had its own jacuzzi, etc. at no extra charge. I can't tell you how blown away we were when we walked into this 'room' which was literally a luxury condo. Pristine, beautifully decorated with a fully equipped designer kitchen and not one but TWO beautiful terraces (a spiral staircase led up to the private upper deck with full jacuzzi, bbq, teak loungers and table for 6). All for $199. They even offered to move us from one room to another. Luxury accomodation are wonderful but what really makes a difference is service. These folks have it completely sussed and we'll look forward to returning - even at a much higher rate. Thank you to Laura Flanagan at reception for taking such good care of us. She made the experience exemplary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas