I must say this is my second visit to Sea Temple (now taken over by Pullman), and the first 24 hrs of my stay was a bit ordinary. Room not ready, wifi didnt work, key didnt work .. but on eventually all this was rectified and I sent an email to the operations mgr who offered me a late check out which was much appreciated.
The resort was as lovely the second time around, clean, attentive staff, however was a little disappointed with my room (I did book through Groupon, which was a great deal for a penthouse). I asked for a pool view room, and go an apartment in front of the pool obsecured by about 20 palm trees. From what I could see and hear, the room right next door which had a lovely view was not occupied the whole time I was there .. so I am of the opinion that when booking with a voucher they give you the less favourable rooms, although this was hotly denied when I advised the operations mgr of this in my email.
However, having said that, it was of little concern once I was there as the resort is great. Doesnt feel crowded in the pool, as it is massive, though the guest sundeck areas can get crowded as this is not so massive. There are a lot of rooms with swim outs so if you have one you wouldnt use the guest sundeck area as you have your own private space, although some of these had shade all day.
Sea Temple is about 5 km from the main street, but there is shuttle service (around $5 each way) which travels frequently to a timetable. I hired a car relatively cheaply from Cairns airport, and for me this was a great, as I could park undercover too.
All in all, was a great experience again. NB: I rated the value as "very good" on a voucher deal, otherwise this place is very very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas