We stayed at the Pullman Sea Temple for 10 nights from May 5th 2014. Our overall experience staying at this hotel was great, it is indeed as other reviews say an excellent choice for families. The day spa at the resort was lovely, as were the staff performing treatments. They were very welcoming and experienced, in all I visited the day spa 4 times during our stay it was a must! Check in was speedy and help offered to get to the room. We chose the 3 bedroom beachfront pool villa as we had our 20 month old with us and thought our own plunge pool would be a nice touch. There are 2 main reasons I wrote this review(have never written a review); Upon entering our villa, the first thing we noticed was something that should have absolutely been mentioned to us before we booked considering we had booked a cot-families with young children should beware-the 3 bedroom pool villas have a water feature on the left as you enter the villa. This is NOT blocked off at all and is a 2 foot drop and 30cm deep with water. We were quite horrified that this was not fenced/glassed but we took it upon ourselves to use chairs and a lounge to block it off. We spoke to reception about the issue and they did in fact 'drain' the pond. So if you have young children you should absolutely ask for this to be drained. The other extremely dangerous thing (more so than the pond) are the upstairs Master bedroom sliding windows. Downstairs all windows have locks top and bottom, they are simple little sliding locks that you can easily flick up or down there is no resistance. In the master there are no locks on the top, to my absolute horror my son flicked the bottom lock up and slid the window open as i sat on the bed. I raced over and grabbed him as he was headed straight out the window. It is a sheer drop from the second floor to the ground, there is a ledge halfway down but obviously a toddler would not make use of this. There is a guard rail that goes across the window but is in no way blocking a child from climbing straight out. I think due to the fact we were staying 10 nights and this happened around half way through, my child probably noticed little details watching us unlocking windows etc and he may not have noticed had we only stayed 3 or 4 nights. I made a point of letting the assistant manager know on check out and he said they would look into it so i am certainly hoping they do. We would choose a 2 bedroom ground floor room next visit purely to avoid the windows upstairs not being secure for children and the water feature. The only other negative comment i have was the food. We had joined advantage plus to make full use of the 50% off dining at the restaurant but were sadly disappointed as the food was only "just". We tried breakfast/lunch/dinner on several occasions and different days and tried ordering different meals but were forced to eat 90% of our meals in town. We are not by any means fussy eaters either. On a lighter note, the overall experience was certainly great. Staff are friendly, helpful and resort is truly lovely-as is in photos. We will certainly return however will be choosing a different room next time and will eat in town unless there is an overhaul in the food department! Perfect resort for families, there is a shuttle into town which is only about 6-7 minutes away but hiring a car makes it so much easier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas