We had stayed at the Sea Temple previously, this time we booked a 2 bedroom penthouse suite for five nights with Golf Views. The reason we requested golf views was the result of our last stay where we booked a beach villa based on the promoted beach aspect, but there was no beach views at all - you were just a bit closer to the beach than other locations in the resort, you walk a track to get to the beach. The same result was the case with golf views. You can not see the golf course from the accommodation and you can not see the beach from any of the accommodation. So don't expect views! However, the resort central area itself is beautiful with the pool as a central feature.
Rooms are a bit too dark and brown and in need of an update, they are however clean and comfortable. Unfortunately the two major areas that let down the resort apart from the lack of "views" was housekeeping and maintenance. We had to request our sheets changed on the beds on arrival and although the staff are incredibly helpful and race to resolve issues, you get a feeling that is what they do most of the time. There are so many "little things" that should just happen in five star, not requested - the BBQ igniter didn't work we had to ask someone to come and light it, toilet paper and tissues had to be requested after running out and the bed making also had to be requested on one room cleaning occasion. The daily cleaning was fast and minimal each day.
I think the most annoying was at breakfast the staff pushing the membership program, when they should pay more attention to customer orders. This was further compounded by the fact they failed to recognise we had platinum (top) membership already as we signed in each morning, this should have been already noted.
The Sea Temple is right next to the golf course and with rooms promoted as "golf views" you would think that there would be golf packages or some kind of relationship, there was not and it was cheaper to book and pay at the golf course than for the hotel staff to book and charge.
We booked two rooms through the Accor group and paid in advance, on settling the account we found the calculations were not correct for either room, the inclusions were not considered and the rate substantially different, inflating the account substantially, so check your account before handing over your credit card on check out.
Overall, we had a good experience and the staff were great, especially the male front desk staff, but there were a number of things missing that make this five star accommodation, a little less than five star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas