We had an amazing 8 night stay at the Pullman Sea Temple in Port Douglas staying in a 2 bedroom apartment right next to the pool. It was spacious, well furnished with a ridiculously comfortable bed. It feels like we're sleeping on clouds! The weather wasn't the best and so we spent a good portion of our time just chilling and watching movies. The apartment is self contained so you can cook your own meals if you choose not to eat out, however be aware that you will need to bring your own cooking supplies as only tea, coffee and sugar are provided. There is also a dishwasher and washing machine with both laundry powder and dishwashing detergent provided so that was very handy.
Wanted to try the spa but they were fully booked on the day I wanted to get treatment. We also had our own allocated garage to park our hire car which gave an additional peace of mind.
The breakfast buffet is good if you have a big appetite but there is no rotation so could get a bit boring after a few days. You can also get your eggs cooked to order at no additional cost if you opt for the full buffet. Cost of the buffet is typical of what you would find in any high end resort ($32 per adult for a full buffet). The pool bar also does weekly cocktail specials and we got a couple of mango daiquiris for $12.50 each which were very enjoyable.
The only reason I didn't give a 5/5 was because dinner at the restaurant was a bit of a letdown. I opted for the degustation menu with matching wines while my partner chose to go with the ala carte menu. The wine was substantial and of a very good quality, however the dishes themselves were a bit of a hit and miss. The beef tartare, tiger prawns (both from degustation) and lamb cutlets (from ala carte) were both delicious, however the pork belly (from the ala carte menu) had a rubbery skin. The beef fillet, part of the degustation menu, had juices and oil running all over the plate and the potato was a tad salty. It wasn't a terrible meal but not exactly worth the money either.
I would definitely return to the resort to stay and choose to eat somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas