We have just stayed for 5 nights in a spa room in June and really loved the place. Here is a breakdown on what we saw and experienced;
Location: it is about 6kms to the main street of Port Douglas so this place is best enjoyed with your own transport (we had hired a car so it worked for us). There is a regular shuttle but we always drove into "town" to get our supplies, have a wander or go for dinner.
Overall ambience of the grounds: Amazing, just our tastes and true to the pictures we saw. Really nice landscaping, with a big pool that weaves its way around the complex. Nice colour scheme, very tropical looking. Yes the reception is at one end and if you want to go there you need to walk around the outside of the place but we never went. We simply phoned if we wanted to know something and they were really helpful.
Check-in - took about 20 mins as there was a queue at peak hour check in (3pm at this hotel with a later check out of 11am). But they also took lots of time with us and helped us with all our queries. Checkout was quick and easy as we left at 9am and there was no one else checking out then.
The room: This is a great sized hotel room, plenty of space and a very big bathroom and double spa bath. We requested a room that overlooked the pool and got one (265)...perfect location near the main pool area and pool bar but still very private. The bed was very nice, linens great and the fridge was a decent half sized fridge with only half of it used for the mini bar which gave us plenty of space for all our fruit, nibbles and drinks as well. The aircon was good and it had a fan. There was a big bench area and a couple of spare cupboards which we kept other supplies in and our picnic set that we bought with us. This enable us to do a semi self catering without any cooking facilities. Things like dips, prawns, salad and fruit for dinner one night on our balcony so we could have a few drinks and not worry about price or driving. The rooms are in blocks and we were Lagoon block F. I am not sure we would have enjoyed it if our room was in the outer blocks that overlooked the golf course(across a road). I have attached a map of the resort in the pictures so you can see what I mean about the layout.
Room Service: we ordered breakfast 3 of the 5 mornings and it was very good value and a large meal. A full English breakfast with the works was $25 inc gst and delivery and an omelette and hash browns was $19. One meal plus some tropical fruit salad from our fridge did us both.
I have also attached a pic of the room service menu. We got our food within 20-30mins each time and enjoyed breakfast on our balcony overlooking the pool.
The pool - slightly chilly at first but refreshing once you got into it. A great pool, deep in places and shallow in others. We loved swimming around the whole thing and chatting to people out on their balconies as we went past. There were bits of garden debris floating in it from time to time but it is surrounded by tropical gardens so that will happen and I simply picked them up and threw them back on the gardens.
Pool bar - seemed to be open from about 10am to 6pm. A bit expensive with a Heineken at $9 and a cocktail $18-$20. They also served pizzas and burgers etc which were a good price for lunch (pizza $20). We usually went back to our room a few steps away and had a drink on our balcony for a fraction of the price.
Overall we loved our visit to the Sea Temple and the spa room worked well for us (late 40s couple, no kids). I didn't miss having a kitchen, in fact it was great!
We would certainly look to return to this hotel and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas