This was the second time we stayed at Peppers Port Douglas. We stayed here previously for our honeymoon and loved it so much we returned in November 2010. It was however disappointing. We paid for the best room, which was nice, spacious and well-equipped, however the disappointing things were:
- the restaurant was closed three nights out of the six we stayed there. Once was for a wedding, which we were advised of in advance. The restaurant, however, stayed closed for another two nights with no explanation and no advance notice. So we miscalculated our dining options and missed out on eating at our favourite restaurant. Very disappointing.
- Service was average. Peppers has some excellent staff, but also some pretty ordinary ones. There was also no concierge at all.
If I had paid less for an average room, I wouldn't be so disappointed, but I expected more for the price we paid. Needless to say, we cannot justify the increased cost for the same mediochre experience this year and will be going elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks, and feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) free movies, air conditioning, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV and CD player. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. Sublime Bar & Grill is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm *Restaurant is closed on Sunday and Tuesday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas