“Rave Review”

Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Port Douglas
Wellington, New Zealand
“Rave Review”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

It's true that if you don't enjoy the sight and sound of little children playing in the shallow water, this is not the place for you.the good news is that you don't get them in the dining area, as most families seem to take an apartment. Personally, we found this place faultless. The location is superb. Suburban quiet, but Five minutes slowly to Four Mile Beach, and seven to Macrossan St Which is where you find shops, bars eateries. That's if you didn't decide to eat in. The restaurant/bar looks onto the pool; food was OK to good, and wait staff were a joy. We had a basic spa room, and it was the best-appointed standard room I have ever come across. Plenty of room to hang clothes and store clothes, an actual drawer in the bedside table, a Nespresso machine in the room ( major joy for me), and good wifi coverage throughout, free. The shower area had a shelf that was actually big enough to hold two people's necessaries, and within reach when under the shower!! these little things matter. The pool is long enough that those who want to swim for exercise could do so, is sheltered from the wind, and pleasantly warm. If I had one minor grump, it's that the squabs on the poolside loungers were a bit tired. We will be back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Like others, we were disappointed with the constant screams of children in the pool. (Not to mention the sounds slamming doors and screaming kids waking you up in the early hours of the morning after a rough sleep on a hard bed). We came for a 'Baby-moon' and as it will be our last holiday child-free, we hoped for something a little more quiet and comfortable. I understand children will always be around, but I didn't expect so many, and for all hours of the day in the pool. Its true what others have said, the pool is littered with floating toys etc, and many of the uncomfortable pool side chairs are all usually taken. Its slim pickings. Unlike others though, our spa suite was not subject to views of the 'beautiful lagoon pool'. We were tucked away in small spa suite up the back, and our verandah overlooked a neighbouring caravan park. Not exactly romantic, although it was much more private. Our room also included unwanted 'hair' in the bathroom on arrival... ANY hair is a huge pet hate of mine... Despite all this I will say the staff are lovely and helpful, and we were very impressed with our dinner meal at the hotels restaurant. The hotel is also in a great spot close to the beach and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. Overall not the greatest value for money though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sh3r1
Jeremy N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Sh3r1,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at Peppers Beach Club.
It was great to read that you enjoyed your dining in the restaurant and that our team were lovely and helpful.

Feedback is important to us and we use it review and improve our business and product; you have identified some key issues in your post.

I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologise and discuss your points with you – Please feel free to contact me on 07 4087 1000 or via email jeremy.nordkamp@peppers.com.au.

Sh3r1, please accept my apologies that we have not met your expectations. I can only hope that you stay with us again so that you can experience the service and comfort that we are known for.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Nordkamp
General Manager – Peppers Beach Club
jeremy.nordkamp@peppers .com.au
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

While the facilities at Peppers are lovely, very stylish and well presented - this is completely ruined by the fact that all you can hear is children squealing in the pool all day. Every room overlooks the lovely lagoon pool, but this means every room is subject to the poolside noise. It's not just the noise of the children either, the pool is littered with floaties and other toys - not exactly romantic! We had a spa suite, with a spa on our balcony, but we only used the spa once due to the terrible racket. We were very disappointed and will never return to Peppers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rachel A
Dear Rachel A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Peppers Beach Club.

Please accept our apologies that we failed to meet your expectations on this visit. We are very family friendly, though we encourage people to call the resort direct and talk to our onsite reservations who can advise on the school holiday periods and the busiest times etc.

Rachel, I would welcome the opportunity to talk you personally, so that I can discuss your stay in detail. Please feel free to contact me on 07 4087 1000 or on email jeremy.nordkamp@peppers.com.au

Kind regards,

Jeremy Nordkamp
General Manager – Peppers Beach Club
jeremy.nordkamp@peppers .com.au
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

The service we received even prior to booking was exceptional. The staff were there to answer any questions and more. That is very hard to find these days.
Upon arrival the service kept up the standard and continued to be outstanding.
The room was very clean and neat. The spa in our room was cleverly hidden away but I have seen other rooms which are not so well hidden.
The breakfasts are great and is located right by the pool.
The pool is awesome but I have to say, my only negative about this hotel are the children. There were a lot of families with kids that are at the pool from open till close.
I would not stay here anywhere near school holidays or even on the weekend.
Apart from that this hotel exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again.
5/5

Wongaling Beach, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was looking to book a romantic getaway for my boyfriends 30th & had already booked another hotel when I came across Peppers by recommendation of a friend. As soon as my booking enquiry was responded I decided quickly to cancel my other booking & go with Peppers instead. This is mainly cause of the excellent customer service given to me by the reservations manager Alyson. This girl knows what service is all about and went beyond my expectations on giving me advice about what to do, see & where to dine in Port Douglas, gladly answering all my questions, to help me make my boyfriends 30th a special day. Upon arrival we felt very welcomed & Alyson had arranged a welcome surprise for us too which we very much enjoyed. The room, a spa suite, is spacious, clean & tucked away so we could get the privacy we wanted without being disturbed by all the children playing in the pool. The spa bath is spacious and big enough for 2. The breakfast is excellent & the upgrade is truly delicious with well cooked meals. The pool area is fantastic with a nice tropical lagoon styled beach and comfy beach lounges. The only downside of our stay was all the kids everywhere but thats just a part of life isn't it? But if you know you're gonna be disturbed by it, a kids free resort/hotel is probably a better option. Friendly staff, excellent service, clean spacious rooms & an amazing pool, great location - what more can you ask for? We have one more night here & wish we could stay longer. Looking forward to coming back soon again. Thank you Peppers & Especially Alyson for making our stay a memory for life!

1 Thank SP4001
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at Peppers with our 3.5 year old son for our recent babymoon before the birth of our second child. It just blew us away. As locals to FNQ we have stayed in a number of 5 star apartments in Port Douglas but this was the first time at Peppers. We stayed in a one bedroom penthouse apartment and it was amazing! Very spacious and clean. The staff were beautiful and knew us on a first name basis. We haven't experienced such high class personalized service as this in FNQ before. It was great to see FNQ setting international standards for customer service. The food was great too. The pool and family friendly atmosphere defiantly won us over. What other 5 star resort has pool toys and a sand beach pool?! We will defiantly be going back. Thank you Peppers Port Douglas for an amazing weekend away!

1 Thank TaraLucia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I travel quite a bit and had to come to Port Douglas for a 4 day business event. I brought the family and stayed in a 2 bedroom - which is really just two regular rooms combined. I have to say this is one of the best resorts I've ever stayed in. The pool was the best, the rooms were among the best, and the staff were all great. We were there in the off season so it was quiet. We loved Port Douglas and especially this resort!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family