Just returned from 8 nights at the Beach Club Port Douglas. The highlight of this hotel is definitely the pool- it is truly spectacular, with sandy lagoon edges and lots of sun lounges to kick back on.
The hotel is also in a great location- short walk to the beach and to Macrossan Street.
We stayed in a spa suite which is the least expensive room and does not include a kitchen but does have a decent sized fridge. The room was very nice- great plasma tv, dvd player and nice bathroom. It had a spa on the balcony outside which is kind of odd- personally I would have preferred a larger balcony sans spa.
Staff were friendly overall but not 100% professional- the daily cleaning service was below standard for a 5 star hotel- really just a towel change and make up of the bed, dirty glasses and empty bottles were not touched, and the balcony wasn't cleaned or tidied once.
The most bizarre thing about the place is the "hotel policy" not to provide guests staying in spa suites with any cutlery. Our request for a knife to cut up some fruit and make some sandwiches for lunch was refused because we weren't staying in a room with a kitchen. When they are charging $300 a night this kind of policy is really totally inexcusable. We asked for this feedback to be passed on to management, but received no response.
So, there seem to be a few start up issues to iron out, but overall, we had a great stay (just remember to bring your swiss army knife!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm *Restaurant is closed on Sunday and Tuesday nights. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. Maintenance Notice Please note essential maintenance will take place on Tuesday 28 February 2017 on the edging of the pool between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm. The pool will remain open for use during this time however there will be unavoidable noise accociated with the work. Peppers Beach Club management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas