“Fabulous holiday at the Newport”

and 1 more site!
The Newport on Macrossan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently returned to the Newport for a 10 day holiday. As usual we found that the amenities were good (except for the lounge), the bed was excellent and the location amid all the activity (restaurants and cruises) the best. Once again Patrick you and your staff did the Newport proud. We will return.
Larry and Kim

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are the ones to get.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry A

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Newport for 3 nights for a wedding I was attending in Port Douglas. Due to my flights I was checking in late, and the staff were excellent in communication with leaving me a note and key in safe at the front reception. I stayed in a hotel room, which was perfect and all I needed, and in the future I will most certainly stay in a 1 bedroom for a longer period.
The only downsides is I was too busy to enjoy the pool and bbq!
Excellent location, coles, shopping, iron bar and courthouse pub within a minutes walk. Would book again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MitchFCB
Reviewed 7 August 2014

stayed here for 3 nights 2/3/4 august on arrival shown to my room by the lady at reception and pointed out all the features of the establishment. the Newport is located in a central location ,you are close to everything that port douglas has to offer and only a 1 minute walk to a large supermarket and restaurants and cafes. the studio room I had was small but adequate with everything that you require for your holiday .my only complaint was getting into and out of the shower which is over a huge spa bath that I found a bit difficult to manage [perhaps I am not as agile as I used to be ].the rates for the accommodation were great value for a place so central ,well worth a stay and I will definetly be returning

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GrumpyOldFella1958
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently spent 5 nights at The Newport with my wife and 5 month old daughter in a one bedroom apartment. The room was perfect for us and very comfortable. Kitchen had the essentials which was more than enough, especially considering we ate out every night. Bed was really comfortable with lots of pillows to choose from. Large balcony that overlooked the pool. WiFi reception was very good. Being at the rear of the complex was handy in case there was any noise from the main street at night although other people I knew were at the front and had no issues. Being directly opposite Coles and other shops was nice and convenient. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would happily stay there again, especially in the same room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a quaint clean well placed small hotel right in the middle of Port Douglas, has it's one underground parking nice pool w/BBQ the staff was great are room had a spa bath and a balcony in the back with tropical trees and birds :-). Because of the hotels location all of Port Douglas is just a stroll, the market is just across the street.
We had a great time there and would go again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My Mum and I recently enjoyed a 4 night stay at The Newport. The location truly can't be beat - smack bang in the middle of town and a short walk to anywhere you'd want to go in Port Douglas. The Coles and the bottle shop are directly across the street making life easy! The owners are super friendly people. The first room we were put in had a broken lock and once we flagged this we were moved immediately into a new room with no fuss. The rooms themselves are decent. Beds are comfortable and good shower pressure. The only small issues we found were that the furniture in the lounge room is not very comfortable, the walls are thin and we could hear when our neighbours had the TV on and there was a mouldy smell in the kitchen cupboards. This place definitely isn't 5 star but we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as it is clean, convenient and well priced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ErinM_226
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We needed an escape with peace and quiet but still near to restaurants etc. We booked into this property and where treated so well by the management. Our room was wonderful, clean and had everything you would ever need. Also it is situated right in the middle of town so close to everything you would ever need. Patrick could not do enough to help us have a terrific break. Will stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple