We stayed for 5 nights in early Dec 11, and enjoyed a 1 bedroom swimout. Whilst the photos, descriptions and net show/describe what the place is like, we were pleasently surprised to find how good the place really is. The check in was easy, and the staff very friendly and helpful with a bit of local advice. Parking right outside the apartment, and the swimout room was a treat. Heaps of room for the two of us, clean modern furnishings (tv, cd, dvd, fans, air con, iron, washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc) and being able to enter the pool right from your own patio really made the experience. Heaps of room around the pools for lazing if you don't have a swimout or just want a change of scenery, and a great outdoor BBQ/dining area as well. We cooked in room (so convenient), and hot cooked breakfast on the patio by the pool each morning was the perfect start to the day.
All the facilities looked clean and working well, so I'm surprised by the few negative reviews of this place. We were there in the low season, so there were not as many people staying as would be at peak times, but we were well looked after, the room was great, and we really enjoyed our stay there. It's only walking distance for takeaway food or booze and 7/11, and the town is about 4 mins drive (local shuttles about every 20 mins if your drinking!)
I definitely recommend getting a swimout room, and after comparing notes with people who stayed elswhere (we were there for a wedding), I think our accomm was the best option.
Thankyou to the staff there, we would definitely stay again if heading back to Pt. Douglass
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas