Bugs in room (Note: Windows and doors shut at all times...no idea where bugs came from). Dusty everything. Suspicious substance on headboard. Previous guests soap left in shower. Spa on balcony had layer of filmy scum on the bottom and the rims. Housekeeping awoke us an hour before check out by invading our room with their own set of keys: unannounced and uninvited.
With a bit of attention to detail and less hastey staff could be worth another try however I would not stay there again. (Please note the staff were lovely people and the redeeming feature of the Oaks Lagoons)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas