We booked this 5 night stay on Wotif only 5 hours before we were due to fly out from Melbourne, we had trouble working out where we wanted to stay. We wanted to keep costs down by not having to buy cooked food all the time, and I wanted a reasonably close swimming area as I was heavily pregnant and feeling a bit shy.
The appartment was well equipt with cooling, full kitchen, tv with cable, and a lovely king (if a little hard) bed.
As others have stated, this is an apartment, self-contained. If you want fresh towels every day, and cleaning, don't come here. But the apartment was very neat and clean and modern on arriving. My tip to the Oaks would be, in addtion to the bath towels, provide a set of pool towels - these can be hired however.
I found the staff not over attentive, but willing to help - perfect for me, as I don't like having people clean under me, or usher me out so they can get their job done.
Overall it provided a perfect base to travel to all of the best destinations in Port Doug and beyond. My personal tip would be to travel between Oct-and December when it is reasonably quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas