We stayed here with our two teenagers in a 2 bed swim out apartment. Our friends visiting from the UK also stayed in an identical apartment. We were very impressed by the size of the apartments, their cleanliness, comfortable beds and lovely bathrooms (2). The pools were lovely (although the side that got the sun all day was much warmer than the one on our side of the building but you can just go over to that one) and the private patios were very nice. Overall this was an ideal base for exploring the area and we were very happy with our choice.
A couple of minor complaints: although we had booked together, the other family was put on the other side of the complex which was a little inconvenient for sharing food items etc; we had specifically asked for twin beds in one room but this was not done (for either apartment) and as we arrived after reception closed due to a flight delay our different sex teenagers had to share a bed for a night: when we asked for it to be put right, this was done but the wrong room so we had to swap all our belongings between rooms; we were there for six nights but there was no change of towels, which would have been nice (just once). Having said all that, we would have no hesitation in staying here again.
Tips for activities: we had a wonderful time jungle surfing (zip wires through the rainforest), going out to the reef with Quicksilver, travelling on the scenic railway/skyrail and doing a guided rainforest walk, but the surprise hit of the week was Cape Tribulation Exotic Fruit Farm. Very reasonably priced afternoon tasting exotic fruits with knowledgeable and entertaining host.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas