1,085 results
All reviewssunny sideramada hotelswimout roomshuttle busbbq areabedroom swim out apartmentown transportbbq facilitiesreception staffplunge poolspa roomper dayhire carbeach shackfull kitchenminute drivefamily holiday
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This resort was amazing it had everything we needed, the swim out was the greatest and the service from Reception was more than excellent especially TASH she went out of her way to help us with whatever we need. We will def be going back.

Room Tip: Swim out room was amazing
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon H
LagoonsHM, Front Office Manager at Oaks Lagoons, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that this problem was not rectified for you during your stay. Our internal maintenance staff member adjusted the toilet valve once the issue was reported and believed it was fixed for you. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This is not my first stay at Oaks Lagoons. I attended a conference in Port Douglas back in March and stayed at this lovely resort - but had no time to chill out and relax, so I made a plan to return for a few days of rest and relax before the busy Christmas period. I'm so glad I did!

I stayed in a ground floor One Bedroom Apartment, where you can just walk out the door and into the pool. (Started and ended every day with a swim). I stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Management and Staff were delightful, the apartment was lovely and clean, in truth I couldn’t fault Housekeeping. I’ll be back.

Keep up the great work, thanks for a lovely stay guys.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a ground floor apartment where you can just step out the back doors and into the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent C

Wow! Thank you Vincent for sharing your fantastic feedback. We love hearing that our guests have had relaxing and enjoyable stay. How great are the swim out rooms?! Slipping into the pool straight from your own patio definitely ensures plenty of swimming and relaxing during your holiday. Thank you for highlighting the fantastic work all of our staff do. It is our number one goal to ensure all of our guests have a memorable holiday. All of our staff were delighted to read your review and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We are regular Port Douglas visitors and have tried a number of cheaper accommodation options which we haven’t been very impressed with. Here we had a 1 bedroom apartment with private plunge pool and thought it was fantastic. The apartments are older but ours was clean and had new furnishings. Bed was pretty comfortable and the apartment was roomy. The plunge pool was a good size in a little courtyard. The downside was that the road outside is very noisy during the day. A water feature would help drown out the sound. The bedroom was quiet at night but it was right on a walkway so we had the blinds closed all day. It was pretty quiet in the resort though, it really wasn’t a problem. Staff were super friendly. The lady who checked us in and out (Sherrie? Sherie?) was amazing and I think it is the first time ever we have been asked if there were any maintenance issues during our stay. Also there are eating options nearby and the IGA supermarket up the road (which had lots of great easy meal options if you don’t want to go out but don’t really want to cook). We will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon M
LagoonsHM, Manager at Oaks Lagoons, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Shannon, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our plunge pool apartments. The plunge pool rooms are a great option for those who wish to have exclusive access to their own pool whilst also being able to use our other 6 pools. We always encourage feedback from our guests both during the stay and on departure. This enables us to address any issues that may arise as soon as possible. Thank you for recognising Sherie and the team for their friendly customer service and for taking the time to review Oaks Lagoons. See you next time!!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

My husband and I and our 6 month old stayed here as we required a laundry, kitchen and wanted a swim out. We booked a one bedroom and ended up with a 2 bedroom, which was great. The extra bedroom didn't have block out curtains so we moved baby cot into our room for day naps as room was too light. We aren't usually complainers, but we did call reception as we found a stain on sheets, these were promptly replaced. We also noticed the floor under lounge and table was dirty/dusty and should have said something, but didn't.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hayleyp18
LagoonsHM, Manager at Oaks Lagoons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thanks Hayley for taking the time to review Oaks Lagoons. I am pleased to hear our team addressed your concerns promptly and replaced the stained sheets. Please be assured they were fresh sheets. We always welcome the opportunity to get things right for our guests should something get missing in getting the room ready for our arrivals, particularly if that is going to interfere with having an enjoyable stay. Consequently we are so sorry you have advised you won’t be coming back but should you change your mind, my Team and I would welcome the opportunity to help you have a fabulous stay.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Our family (Mum, dad, 14 yo & 11yo boys) for 5 nights. The rooms were a good size and had the facilities as described. It was quite clean but attention was needed in the showers, pool and our patio. Staff were very friendly and helpful and dealt with an air conditioner that wasn't working straight away. Be aware that this location doesn't have restaurant/bar facilities, but there is a communal barbecue and the kitchen in the apartments would be sufficient to cook a very simple meal. There are several places to eat nearby and staff were great st recommending the places worth eating at. It is a short drive into the centre of town.

Room Tip: Swim out rooms are great.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kristyj874
LagoonsHM, Front Office Manager at Oaks Lagoons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Kristy, thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are at the quiet end of Four Mile beach but as you experienced, we do have some of the best eateries in town, within walking distance.
I’m sorry to hear there was something not quite right with the cleanliness of your shower. I trust you reported this to us so we could act on this immediately on your behalf to bring it to our normal high standard. Hopefully we’ll see you and the boys back here again in the future.