“Very disappointed this visit”
Review of Zinc Port Douglas

Zinc Port Douglas
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Opened in December 2004, Zinc has become a must do for visitors and a favourite venue for locals. Since opening, the restaurant has picked up many awards including restaurant of the year for Far North Queensland. Call in for a coffee, cake, cocktail, snack, light lunch or to use our free wi-fi at any time from 10am daily. Or visit Zinc in the evening to sample the superb dinner menu featuring fresh local seafood and produce; offering something for everyone including many Gluten free and vegetarian options. Kids also dine free at dinner with one free meal from the children’s menu for every main course ordered before 6pm. Looking for a relaxed spot for a drink? Zinc's casual lounge bar features a large range of wines by the glass, over 70 cocktails, over 110 spirits & liqueurs and a selection of cold beers on tap.....perfect for that pre-dinner drink or after-dinner nightcap. Every day from 4-5pm Zinc also offers specially-priced cocktails & beer of the day. Be sure to plan a visit to Zinc during your visit to the Port Douglas.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Very disappointed this visit”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We always make Zinc our first port of call when in Port Douglas, with wonderful stunning memories of gorgeous food, and have recommended this place to all our friends who plan to visit P.D. This time, we were eager to repeat the same wonderful food experience and were dismayed to see it had almost turned into a child's crèche. There were five assorted strollers/pushchairs full of tired kids who should have been in bed, whingeing. We decided to not dine there as it was like a Zoo. Just had an expensive glass of wine in their bar - it was hard to find a place to sit. One considerate Mum and Dad, complete with stroller and crying kid took over six seats, with their feet up on the nice chairs, and the noise was so loud, we didn't even bother to ask them to move their crusty bare feet. Yuk. Sorry Zinc - we normally love you.

2 Thank SweetM0lly

Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed on our fifth visit to Zinc”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am really SAD to write this review. We have dined at Zinc four times previously and have really enjoyed our dining experience so it was the first restaurant we booked when we arrived back in Port Douglas. Sadly tonight was far below what we had previously experienced. The service was slow and far less attentive than previous visits and the meal was basic. My husband had pork belly for entree while I had calamari and I must say that was the highlight of the night. I went on to have garlic prawn spaghetti and I have to say I could have produced that dish in my own kitchen (very basic). My husbands beer battered fish of the day with soggy looking chips was not much better!! The restaurant was not particularly busy and we had booked our table in advance. I hope this was just a one of experience but I don't think I'll hurry to book a table here next time we visit Port Douglas.

1 Thank GDS111
Chicago, IL
“Convenient and Attentive”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had dinner here twice because we like the first one. Very good service and food. The second night our table was near the sidewalk

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“All round great dining experience.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Service was fantastic, food was great. Recommend the goats cheese souffle. Best meal we had in Port Douglas.

Sydney, Australia
“A gem”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Seems a very popular place, always fairly busy. Great place to just sit & have a cocktail. If you want a certain seat make a booking. Generous portions & very tasty food. I had the Kangaroo salad which was delicious. Followed by market fish & chips. Generous serving & cooked to perfection. Great service.

1 Thank samrox5